FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

I always wanted a lab coat but only the lab scientists got to have them. I was a field scientist so all I got was raingear, a log book, and some Carhart clothing. [emoji17] I did however perfect a maniacal laugh over the years! Muahahaha! [emoji48]

So who wants to learn about the life cycle of ich and treatment options over the dipping demonstration for SPS for the January meeting? [emoji4]

• Like 1

Hey at least he would use different music for his video

I'm not sure the music will actually be considered better though.

Zombie snails! I bet that's what people thought when they first saw a nassarius rise out of the sand! Zombie snails! Ahhhhh! Run for your salt!

• Like 2

At least you have that nice BTA in there to look at. Just like my tank, hardly any coral but a huge anemone turned.gif

That and the clean-up crew. Those guys crack me up.

Ty doesn't go to stand up comedian shows or movies to be entertained, he just watches his clean up crew fumble around while he narrates the story and gives them dialogue rofl.gif

At least you have that nice BTA in there to look at. Just like my tank, hardly any coral but a huge anemone turned.gif

Ty doesn't go to stand up comedian shows or movies to be entertained, he just watches his clean up crew fumble around while he narrates the story and gives them dialogue rofl.gif

You laugh but you were narrating right beside me the last time! shifty.gif

Whats the theory in moving the fish to a new tank every 72 hrs? Is that because there will probably be ich in the water column?

Sorry, I realized I never answered this question.

The main reason for the 72 hrs is to interrupt the life cycle of ich. At minimum, it takes 72 hrs for the trophont to drop off the fish, enter into the encysted tomont stage, and then release back into the water column to reinfect its host again.

If you swap the tank prior to the 72 hr timeline, you'll always be one step ahead of any encysted tomonts releasing the next batch of free swimming theronts to reinfect the fish.

You'll give enough time for as much of the trophonts that are burrowed into your fish to drop off as possible (not all will drop off in 72 hrs) but move them before the new batch of theronts hatch from the encysted tomont stage. This is why you have to move them a total of 4 times in 12 days, to make sure all trophonts have fallen off the fish during this time and that you moved them quick enough before the 72 hrs passed and they don't get reinfected with the next generation of parasites.

93028b4c132b7397d9aa88115c52c1f5.jpg

• Like 1

You laugh but you were narrating right beside me the last time! shifty.gif

You told me you wouldn't tell anyone about that! hmm.png

• Like 1

Oh, I guess I could have mentioned the tank transfer method for eradicating ich has been completed and my fish show no signs of it anymore, which is impressive because the emperor and the orange shoulder tang were entirely covered by it.

Not a spot anywhere! Amazing! No chemicals involved whatsoever!

Now I'll just complete the 64 more days of leaving the tank fallow for the total 76 days.

• Like 1

Covered in ich prior

83561f281f7663213a2db763d8b57d22.jpg

I don't have an "after" pic since its hard to capture in a tub but just imagine that same emperor without a spot of ich on him. [emoji16]

I'll definitely be doing the TTM with any incoming fish from this point on and then observing for a few weeks afterwards for signs of anything else prior to going into the DT.

• 2 weeks later...