175g in wall tank for sale...comes with house.

Jimbo662

Well, after reading messages from other people who post that they've got to tear their tank down for whatever reason I never though I'd never be doing the same...well sort of. Long story short it's almost time that me and my sister are going to have to start helping support our parents..unfortunately we have a brother that has literally drained everything from their savings. After quite a bit of thinking and looking at options I've decided the best way for me is to sell my house and find a less expensive place to live so that I'll be able to contribute more. Once I get settled I'll be planning a new tank.

I hate the thought of tearing down the tank and thought there may be someone else out there that's in the market for a house and would love a great built in tank that's all ready to go. The house is in the Riverwalk subdivision in Hutto. Appx 1330 sq ft. 3 bedroom / 2 bath...one bedroom is converted into the tank room. Yard is fully landscaped (but does need a little work). I'd be willing to include all the patio furniture / grill and lawn equipment. Kitchen appliances would remain too...I'd only take the washer / dryer. Asking $135k as that's what my payoff is. Would like to try this without realtors as I'd not have any extra cash for all the fees. I've got about $6k in the tank plus who knows how much in all the landscaping. I'd rather get through this process now than wait until it's too late and end up in a time crunch.

If you or anyone you know is interested let me know.

James

Thanks for the mention James! Obviously I am biased on needing a Realtor for real estate transactions. whistle.gif

Jimbo662, feel free to call me if you have any questions. Be happy to help!

Sad to see a reefer have to part with his beloved tank but that just gives you an excuse to start a new build thread!

-Ty

Have you considered keeping the house as a rental property? If you break even on the mortgage it can be worthwhile and give you the option to move back in later. I know that upkeep on the tank would be a huge issue with renters though.

I had a very difficult time qualifying for mortgage #2 when I kept our original house as a rental. They won't let you factor rental income into your debt/income ration until you've kept it rented for 2 years which is pretty hard to do before, you know, its a rental. I had some pretty fortuitous breaks that allowed me to move on, but I feel like unless you have a ton of equity or some other special circumstances (large savings for down payment on new place) that it's very difficult to get a second home under stricter lending standards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to say it but here goes.

You will have a terrribly hard time selling a home w/ a built in tank unless you just have great Karma and get really lucky. Take the time while you have it to purt the house back the way it was pror to installing the built in tank. Use the money you can get from sale of the equipment and livestock to make repairs. Tack on another 6% to the final taking price to pay a realtor to handle it for you. Unfortunatly you are limiting you marketability by both of these factors, and this will shrink your marketing pool too much.

This is a better market to sell in than you may think. Repair and ask more!

Archived