Are you thinking of buying coral from Japan? Think again...

esacjack

Not buying the stats in that article to the slightest degree. I'm not the only former nuclear operator on ARC. 20,000 US deaths, 35% increase in infant mortality, my A**.

What they're talking about is contamination and the type of contamination wouldn't cause acute radiation deaths. If it did, it would be setting off alarms all over the place. At most this would cause increased cancer rates over a lifetime.

This is the exact reason why I will never work in nuclear power again... Sorry just ranting at this point.

Not buying the stats in that article to the slightest degree. I'm not the only former nuclear operator on ARC. 20,000 US deaths, 35% increase in infant mortality, my A**.

What they're talking about is contamination and the type of contamination wouldn't cause acute radiation deaths. If it did, it would be setting off alarms all over the place. At most this would cause increased cancer rates over a lifetime.

This is the exact reason why I will never work in nuclear power again... Sorry just ranting at this point.

Rant away sir! snack.gif

Ok,at first I was a little annoyed that your post made me go read it. But now I'm glad I read it. I've just been taking my brita filters out of the pitchers without considering the fact they are laced with radioactive iodine. And I'm going to get a second pitcher to deradiate my milk.

Did anyone notice that some of his reference links went places that were not expected? His NY Times article linked to some site that quoted a NYT writer. The journal of medicine link went to an article talking about how the journal of medicine was about to release a study.

Not slamming the OP, he didn't write the article. But I will say, this article really reads like it was written by a highly motivated, but under educated paranoid person with very little background in radiation physics. It sounds like they spent a week doing some very hasty "research" and wrote an overly aggressive article claiming absolutes that are just absolutely silly.

Archived