jebao wp 40

haze152

Wp 80 also in the works. I am working with the company still to set up multi pays also, to get a good price on shipping it will have to go to 1 place.

I'd be fine with that. I'm not from Austin but I'm not in any huge hurry to pick it up. 55 gallon tank currently has about 3000 gph of koralias running. Just want to upgrade. If we end up going through with it how long would you hold for? I come to Austin maybe once a month or so

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100101112634AAYlBdN

May not be a reliable source, but when you're stocking hundreds, if not, thousands of dollars worth of livestock, investing in reliable and reputable equipment is a priority. This would be too much of a gamble for me. Just my two cents.

That was 3 years ago, and was made by an entirely different company. Jabeo and JEBO are not the same. JEBO/Oddysea were the same company... they changed their name after their products did stuff like this. There have already been tests conducted to see if these leak stray electricity, and they do not. They're very well made; comparable to Tunze. I will attempt to find the post(s) and evidence of the thread when I can find it again on other forums.

May not be a reliable source, but when you're stocking hundreds, if not, thousands of dollars worth of livestock, investing in reliable and reputable equipment is a priority. This would be too much of a gamble for me. Just my two cents.

That was 3 years ago, and was made by an entirely different company. Jabeo and JEBO are not the same. JEBO/Oddysea were the same company... they changed their name after their products did stuff like this. There have already been tests conducted to see if these leak stray electricity, and they do not. They're very well made; comparable to Tunze. I will attempt to find the post(s) and evidence of the thread when I can find it again on other forums.

Don't get me wrong here but...how can you compare their build quality to a tried-and-true manufacture such as Tunze when they haven't been out long enough to test in large numbers "in the wild" to see how they hold up over time? I am just curious as to what you are basing your statement on.

Don't get me wrong here but...how can you compare their build quality to a tried-and-true manufacture such as Tunze when they haven't been out long enough to test in large numbers "in the wild" to see how they hold up over time? I am just curious as to what you are basing your statement on.

Oh, I should've been a little less vague. My bad. I was more comparing the structure and design of the actual pump itself, to that of Tunze. I suppose saying they're "well made," isn't the correct thing to say, until they've been tested further.

everyone with similar comments seem to be basing it on feel, sturdiness. i looked at reviews from their other - nonpowerhead - pumps and whatnot. all of them seemed mostly positive. that is what i based my decision on. but, it is definately a risk. time will surely tell. it sounds like we will have a pretty good sample here to test them.

I think there is a slight apples to oranges comparison on build quality...for example:

Tunze photocell:

202119-Tunze-Photo-Electric-Cell-7094.05

(nice connector, long cable, photocell encased in resin)

Jabao photocell:

Jebowp403_zps8dac4a00.jpg

(just a $.99 component with zero protection)

while I realize FUNDAMENTALLY these are the same thing (both are a cheap ceramic photo-electric resistor) and perform the same action...the build quality of one is MUCH higher. In fact...one actually has a build..the other is just a component...there is no build at all.

I am not trying to be combative, I just really do not see the comparison.

Disclaimer: This is coming from me, and I source all my electronics for projects from China/Hong Kong

I think there is a slight apples to oranges comparison on build quality...for example:

Tunze photocell:

Jabao photocell:

while I realize FUNDAMENTALLY these are the same thing (both are a cheap ceramic photo-electric resistor) and perform the same action...the build quality of one is MUCH higher. In fact...one actually has a build..the other is just a component...there is no build at all.

Disclaimer: This is coming from me, and I source all my electronics for projects from China/Hong Kong

I agree 100%, my opinion was more directed at the actual pump itself... not so much the controller and sensors. I think they're eh...

Tunze photocell:

Jabao photocell:

I agree 100%, my opinion was more directed at the actual pump itself... not so much the controller and sensors. I think they're eh...

Right...but isn't the entire package what should be critiqued here? Or am I looking at this wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I think this may be a decient budget alternative for some people.

I may be off here but it seems like the biggest concern here is starting a fire or electrocuting something through faulty pump building. I think for the price, if they function as they should its an insanely good deal. I'll be the first to admit that the vortech controllers are far nicer than these. But if I can down $40 and eliminate two powerheads and have waves, I'm in

I may be off here but it seems like the biggest concern here is starting a fire or electrocuting something through faulty pump building. I think for the price, if they function as they should its an insanely good deal. I'll be the first to admit that the vortech controllers are far nicer than these. But if I can down $40 and eliminate two powerheads and have waves, I'm in

I disagree, I think that is a worst case scenario. I am more concerned with quality, reliability and service after the sale as well as functionality.

Again, no one is arguing they do what they claim and, this far, they do very well for the price.

I am just reluctant to say they are equal to mp40's or Tunze until there is more tried and true evidence. Guess I am not the "early adopter" on this as I am on other things.

Cpt. Obvious bit: (not sure why the quote thing didn't work)

I disagree, I think that is a worst case scenario. I am more concerned with quality, reliability and service after the sale as well as functionality.

Again, no one is arguing they do what they claim and, this far, they do very well for the price.

I am just reluctant to say they are equal to mp40's or Tunze until there is more tried and true evidence. Guess I am not the "early adopter" on this as I am on other things.

My Bit:

Well, i do think a house fire is probably the worst case scenerio.

But I agree with you capt. reliablity, and i can't think of the word, but basically the number of lemons per sale, are still going to be a concern. I am not expecting a lot from customer service. I figure if it breaks it will be a paperweight. I am not normally an early adopter either, but, I snuck this through the finance commitee with "well, they are so much cheaper than the MP10s that I can order two. if one messes up we will have a spare to use while waiting for a better pump".

I'm a big "worst case scenario" thinker. It's got it's benefits and set backs. If it just flat out sucks, I'll eat the cost and likely find myself too busy to be inclined to hunt down a replacement, so service after the sale just isn't really on my mind much. Sounds stupid to say but that's just how I tend to operate. That being said. I still live in fear of a catastrophe. Lol. I've had tanks in my house for the past 7 years and still to this day when I hear a noise in the other room while laying in bed the FIRST thought that pops up is "did my tank just break?!?" And when I come home from work I'm always cringing just a little, worrying I'll come home to a flood

Archived