jebao wp 40

haze152

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I have gathered elsewhere and I have no experience is that it moves more water than the vortech and makes less noise than the vortech. I am a strong believer in you get what you pay for tho although you could replace this unit many times before it adds up to the price of a vortech

From what I have gathered elsewhere and I have no experience is that it moves more water than the vortech and makes less noise than the vortech. I am a strong believer in you get what you pay for tho although you could replace this unit many times before it adds up to the price of a vortech

i tried that replacement price arguement not long ago and it didn't go well :).

Interesting. Jebo does knock offs of many high end pieces of gear so it makes sense they would put out a wave maker powerhead. I don't have a vortech so gettin one of these may be a cheap way to upgrade the koralias. Need to read up on them more

Speaking as someone who has purchased a cheap Chinese knockoff on a different piece of equipment(Marine Color dosing pump), I wouldn't do it a second time. Here's why:

- hard to get: When you get a package internationally, you have to be available to sign for it. I work a lot, which is why I wanted a dosing pump in the first place. It took me two weeks to be able to get to a post office to sign for the package, and then it took the post office another week and a half to find where they'd misplaced said package and me be able to get back there again. Nearly a month from order to in my hands... lame.

- support: the folks on the other end of the email were always prompt in response to my emails, but English is the 2nd language, and it's not always clear they understand your problem and can help you. In my case, the pumps wouldn't stay primed. They offered to send me new pump heads for free, but again, there again you have the difficult with picking up packages. I demanded a return/refund several times, but they would never give me return information. I later found out that return shipping would probably cost nearly $100, which was about half the cost of the unit to begin with.

- long term cost: I ended up replacing my dosing pump heads with Bubble Magus replacement heads ($75)... which don't fit quite right, so I had to superglue them onto the doser. In the end I have a piece of equipment on which I've spent nearly what it would cost me for a new BM doser, and it's still kind of cobbled together on the cheap. Never mind the cost of lost or ailing livestock in the interim because of the alk swings and drops from trusting a piece of equipment that didn't work the way it was supposed to, and not being home enough to monitor things constantly (see the aforementioned statement on work schedule, which is why I wanted a dosing pump in the first place).

- cost of your time and stress: if you like constantly having to check, adjust, recalibrate, worry over, and experiment with brand-new high tech equipment that isn't working as advertised, then buy a cheap knock-off! If you DON'T enjoy those things, it may not be for you...

I now wish I would have just coughed up the extra $100 the first time around and avoided what has ended up being a headache from start to finish.

I paid full price for my MP10, and given Vortech's excellent reputation on service issues, the full warranty that buying new got me, and the peace of mind that comes from using a piece of tried-and-true equipment that works flawlessly all the time, it was absolutly the right decision for me. Your mileage may vary, but experimentation and reef tanks don't tend to go well together.

There's talk around the water cooler that a smaller wp25 model is going to be released this month, targeted primarily for the 40-100 gallon tank range. Read some reviews of the wp40 being way too much for smaller tanks. Wp25 is suppose to go for like $30. Man how could you afford NOT to try one out at that price

I have cheap Chinese 3watt LED fixtures and they work great.

Tested on an SPS frag and it's gone nuts in the 3 months I've had it.

Really thinking about these WP40s for my 450 (in progress). I have a few Sicce HP10 4000s (+ wave controller), but really like the else mode in the WP40s. Just not sure how many I'd need for a 123" tank. Might get 3-4 and see how that goes.

They have a new driver out that 12-24 volts or you can buy one from amazon. I sent the dealer and email to see what the group buys are. I will post once I have answer. I also asked about the wp25

On other forums these things have been used for some time and had great results... I've been following the thread(s) pretty closely. I ended up sticking with what I know, however... VorTech MP40s. Can't beat their customer service either.

Yeah I'm reading on RC right now and there is a guy that has been emailing back and forth with Jebao about the wp25. I don't think it's been released just yet. But when it is. I am definitely buying one. At that price even if it craps out it was worth the experiment. Plus there are tons of people that have been using the wp40 for a while now with little to no complaints

I got an email from the Jebao today it looks like if we order 10-15 units it will be 25-30 each with a huge shipping discount I will post there finally email when I get it from them. I am still waiting on specs for the WP25

Archived