Dan Rigle Corals Group Buy

victoly

I just talked to one of my friends, Mr Dan Rigle, about getting together a group buy. He's about 4-6 weeks from having enough stock (he aquacultures all his own stuff) for a shipment to us. If we can get to $500, shipping will be free. He doesn't have a stock list at the moment, but I'll attach a few article from him to show you the quality stuff that he has. He's one of the best in the business.

http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content/aquarium-portrait-dan-rigles-acropora-obsession

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/75-tank-of-the-month

http://uniquecorals.com/default/coral/dan-rigle-corals/leptoseris-sp-dr-toxic-leptoseris-1-wysiwyg-frag.html

http://uniquecorals.com/default/coral/dan-rigle-corals.html

Total:

$400-600 + 5 somethings

BOLD TEXT MEANS CONFIRMATION THAT YOURE STILL IN AS OF 6/20/13

RichardL - $10,000,000

Victoly - $100

Gig'Em - $100

Jestep -$50-100

SAM - $100

Capt. Obvious-$150

Dshel - $50

Bio3 - $50-100

Crendon - Something

Mitch - $100, $125 if it helps him get draft priority smile.png

Olaggie - something

Ckyuv - something

mFrame - something

ShawnM - something

Draft Order: (Running total $500)

1) Victoly

2) Capt. Obvious

3) Mitch

4) SAM

5) Dshel

Box 2, needs to get to 500 before we can fill it.

1) Haze152 (Running total $100)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an aquarium in desperate need of stocking of nice frags. But I agree with everyone else, prices first. Some ppl charge prices as if they had personally flown across the world, collected the corals, paid priority shipping for them to go back across the world, paid middle-man wholesalers and distributors and more shipping from distributors to the store and all the mark-ups in between.

But that's just my $0.02 on what some hobbyists charge for frags as if this isn't a hobby we do for fun, but more of a business.

Rabble rabble rabble.

if you're looking for value frags, this dude is probably not your guy. He's militant about quality/health, and that translates to a little higher price IMO. Like I said earlier, Dan is one of the best I've ever encountered.

I believe in paying a little more for quality, but I don't believe it costs some people $80 to grow that one inch frag when the original colony of multiple branches costs maybe twice that. I feel that as hobbyists we should encourage aquaculture and sharing frags to reduce our impact on reefs and lessen the number of corals removed from the ocean. It's just strange to me when wild colonies are cheaper than small aquacultured frags. It's a vicious cycle when we pay a ton of money to set up our aquariums and buy expensive corals, we naturally want to charge the same to other hobbyists to get some of that money back, but it's a cycle we should break to make aquacultured corals more accessible to each other.

Anyway, not trying to start a debate, I just sometimes get fed up with some ridiculously pompous prices for tiny little frags when we should encourage responsible reefing and the trade of home-grown frags with decent prices

Your not the only one Gig 'em :)

The $150 per 1 inch frags just get old, I understand it might be rare or some how special but a different color edging but that does not make to 100x more valuable. Hell half the time it will change to a slightly different color in the new tank, and a few tanks down the line someone will switch the name and the try and up the price. Sort of like selling GSP in my eyes doh.gif

I just asked him if he could give me a general price list. For those who looked at link 4 and saw high prices, keep in mind that's a 3rd party reselling his corals with corresponding markup. I would assume that the prices for us are going to be lower in general.

I'll probably be in for ~100.

So thats like 2 frags right? tongue.png

Probably so, and you're so jelly.

nah not at all, I'll probably be right there with you . Ready to trade each other when corals grow out? smile.png

Just spoke to dan, he won't have his list ready till closer to ship time, but his pricing is generally $25 per SPS frag, $50 per chalice frag, which is pretty **** competitive if you ask me.

Archived