Just Moved and Feeling Reef Deprived

MINI

Hey y'all,

Did I do that right? I just moved here from Nebraska a few days ago in hopes of finding a computer/IT gig. Already missing my reef tank back home so I searched around and found ARC. What a wonderful gem you guys are. After almost two years of being in the hobby I've come to find that forums such as yours' are indispensable to the hobby. My experience is only a 20L which I put together on a rather slim budget. A friend and I had a great Idea to even use a cheap trashcan to build a in tank sump. For anyone interested in a short read and pictures I'll post a link at the end. I hope that's okay with forum rules. I will most certainly be starting another nano tank after income permits. Now off to scour ARC restlessly into the night and leaving you guys with this:

http://newagereefs.com/forum/49-tank-builds-and-showcase/11281-minis-20l#12698

Welcome hope you can get up your new tank sooner than later. I know what happens first comes the shakes then comes sneaking around at all hours of the night, next thing you just can't live without it anymore and you do something rediculous.

Welcome. We just had an opening for a DB Admin if thats what your doing. PM me if thats the case for more info.

I would also get your fix by checking out all the LFS we have.

Aqua Dome

Aqua Tek

Rivercity Aquatics

Fishy Business

Gallery of Pets

and even petco in certain areas are starting to stock saltwater.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

jestep: I came from Lincoln, we only have one fish store in the entire state which even holds a candle to what I'm seeing here and that was an hour away in Omaha.

Bio(cube): It looks to be a repeat of building a reef tank on a budget, this time a slightly larger budget. The reward for me is in watching the inhabitants thrive. Less money spent on equipment means room for livestock!

Shawn: That's a suiting screen name. Yes I get urges now and then to browse the classifieds in hopes of finding a good deal on a small tank. Maybe another petco $/gal sale can help me out again smile.png

Faron: Trashcan did turn out well but I'll probably be going a slightly better route next time. Do you trade photography work for frags? hehe doesn't hurt to ask...

ct67stang: I just discovered them attached one day. Long story short, tank went through a crash, zoas started floating, one attached to the snail, zoas win few months later when there are too many for the snail to move around.

I've noticed you guys do meetings every month, I'll have to schedule in some of those.

brian.srock: The top two have already impressed my quite a bit, the rest I'll have to check out. Thanks also for the tip about the opening,

Looks like my photos may be popular here as well, I'll make sure to retrieve a few more from the server at home when I get the chance.