Forced to start over..... :(

kmacc05

So, my wanting to upgrade has now turned into a forced restart. Last Thursday at 1:30am my apartment building caught fire. It was the International Residence complex off of Lakecreek & 183. I don't know if any of you heard about this or saw it on the news. I lived in building 13 which was where it started. I believe it started in the apt directly across the wall from us. Our building was one of three to burn entirely to the ground, Nothing salvageable. Not even close. And my reef tank was included in that unfortunately. I only had the tank up and running about two months or so. Now it is all gone. Not only just the tank. We were lucky enough to get out safely with only the clothes that we were able to throw on before evacuating the building. I tried to sign on and post this earlier, but we have had a lot to deal with. Now that Christmas is over and things are settling down, I have a little more time to send out emails and make some posts about the events that took place.

If anyone knows of any spare parts or equipment that can be donated to starting over, I would be forever grateful. It is time to start saving up for a new place to live and rebuilding and replacing as much as we can that was lost.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer.

Did you have renters insurance?

I can always help with some frags when you get back up and running, but if you need any home-goods, I may be able to help with that as well. I have a garage full of stuff from my old apartments and my Wifes stuff from college we were going to go through and donate to Goodwill. I'd prefer it go to you if you might be able to use some of it.

PM me if you would be interested.

That really sucks and you have my best wishes and prayers. I don't have much in the way of equipment except a 20g you can use as a QT/hospital/temporary tank.

I work right by those apartments, and my coworker was scheduled to move in last Saturday, just after the fire.

You can use some of my garage space instead of paying for a storage unit if you want.

Truly sorry about this tragic event Klayton. I'll keep your family in my prayers. I have a coralife 150 MH hang on that you are welcomed to. It functions and the bulb is still good, but fan is a little loud at 1st. Stops after a few minutes. Also have HOB filters, chemicals, hospital tanks, and some other items.