Temps

Robb in Austin

I'm curious what everyone's tank is running temperature wise. So, I thought I'd post question with current tank temp, lights and how long they've been running today, current house temp, tank material, in tank pumps, and if you are running a heater in the tank.

I'll go first:

77F, 2 x54w T5 that have been on for probably 14 hrs(normally run 5x54 for 8-10 hrs a day but The Mrs forgot to turn on the other 3 today), 72, glass, MJ1200, Eheim 1260, Tunze nano wavebox pump, no heater.

55g Stays at 80f

House temp 75f

Tank glass

Mp10 and koralia 450gph

Eheim 75w i think lol. I cant remember heater. Temp is stable though

Good idea bio, no sump, hob fuge with clip on 40w light

Edited by kmacc05

30 gal @ 77.7F (aim to keep temp around 76-78)

Lights have been off for 2 hours.

Current House temp: 73F

Tank Material: glass

Tank pumps: 1 koralia nano 425, 1 mp10, 1 rio 2500

1 tunze 9002 skimmer

100 watt heater

125 watt light in DIY homedepot sump light reflector 4 inches off the water in closed biocubed stand

rapidled retro fit in closed biocube hood

79 right now tanks stays 79-82 year round

55g

4 X t5 for 9 hours a day, dusk dawn for 3 hrs (1.5 at each end) and all 4 for 6 hours. Lights have been off since 2300 last night.

Tank is glass

Sump in stand with reverse light cycle (clip on light with cfl for cheato) been on since 2130 last night

Pumps- mag 9.5 return, MP40wes, and SWC 160 cone in sump skimmer

Current house temp 73

No heaters

~70 gallons total volume. 79 - 80 degrees. House 60 - 75. Try not to use heat so it gets a little chilly sometimes.

Pumps:

Eheim Compact 2000+ return pump.

Mj1200 - Carbon / GFO Reator

Rio 400 - biopellets

Bubble Magus NAC 3.5 Skimmer

2x MP10, Nutrient Transfer Mode 100%

Lighting:

2 x 250Mh about 4 hours a day.

LED actinics 14 hours.

70W T5 about 6 hours.

2x PAR38 Refucgium lights, 10 hours and 24 hours.

Heater set at 78 with backup failsafe at 80 via Apex, but rarely comes on. Have an azoo fan for evaporative cooling which runs with the actinics.

I've been trying to keep mine 77-78F to see if that helps with cyano (only have a little now). I used to keep it at 80F. My ambient was 78F when we had to run A/C and is now 72F while I have to run the heaters. I've had to install three heaters, 2x Aqueon 100W and 1x Aqueon 50W (when RCA gets more in I'll replace the 50W with another 100W and move the 50W to my 20g) that are doing ok with keeping temperature between 77.2F and 77.5F.

125g DT plus 33g sump with reverse lighting from one bulb. My DT lights are a bunch of LEDs that are hung about 4" above the water without a closed canopy. The DT lights definitely heat up my water a few degrees F, but the sump light has zero effect. I had insufficient heating one night last week, and temperature dropped about the same rate with and without the sump light on and didn't recover until after the DT lights came back on.

Untitled-1.jpg

The red line is when the sump light was on (one 16W (75W equiv), 5100K, PAR38 CFL). The temperature didn't start recovering until the DT lights came on at noon:

2x TMC AquaRay 600 Ultra Reef White sticks (2x 35W)

1x TMC AquaRay 600 Ultra Reef Blue stick (35W)

2x TMC AquaRay 1000 HD Ultra Reef White squares (2x 70W)

1x TMC AquaRay 1000 HD Ultra Marine White squares (70W)

1x TMC AquaRay 1500 XG Ultima squares (600mA each, 70W)