Clownfish breeding build thread - first go at it

Mr Cob

If they breed on their own how is it wrong? Culling the Hurd is problematic but as long as your not killing them then I'm ok with it. This is how different cat breeds and dog breeds came into the cat and dog breed world. People have been mating horses with donkeys for 100's of years.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're going to have your hands full. Lol. Im not able to view the recent pics for some reason...maybe my phone. The black ice are one of my favorites. I have a awesome extreme misbar I got from Lou id like to pair up with something one day. I just got a image of a misbar black ice. Hmmmm...

Temporary solution for getting a few pairs out of the containers until I can get the breeder stall systems complete.

Platinum x grade A picasso

Snowflake x Darwin

Snow onyx x Darwin mis bar

post-1834-135490478979_thumb.jpg

post-1834-1354904801_thumb.jpg

post-1834-135490481127_thumb.jpg

post-1834-135490482438_thumb.jpg

Sent from my HTC VIVID using Tapatalk

Got the sump installed this weekend, it's an Aqueon ProFlex 2 and fits perfect. I also lined the stand with pond liner to assist with water spills.

I just need a light for the fuge area and waiting on a skimmer.

This will support 4 breeder stalls. I will have 2 of the exact systems set up for my operation. Planning to operate with 6 pairs and the open 2 stalls will be used for growout and or to move adults around.

post-1834-135516607346_thumb.jpg

I've heard that the fry and juveniles tend to be extremely rough on each other. Have you got a plan to minimize the damage? Seems a shame to have a perfectly good fish that you could potentially sell maimed by a sibling.

Made a little more progress after dealing with ich on the black ice x snowflake pair. I lost them both : (

Added two pairs to the breeder system today.

Snow Onyx x Snow Onyx (hybrids)

Platinum x grade a Picasso (true percula0

post-1834-135560694534_thumb.jpg

post-1834-135560696602_thumb.jpg

The black ice pair in my biocube

post-1834-135560690796_thumb.jpg

post-1834-135560692401_thumb.jpg

Really loving this sump I added to the 4 stall breeder system:

post-1834-135560689322_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoy following your thread- keep up the good work :) Love the photos :)

Trying something new with my snow onyx female... Just added a Premium Snowflake from Proaquatix. She was ripping into him so I put her in a holding container until the male has a chance to see his new home lol.

post-1834-135665389653_thumb.jpg

Also just made this pair, not sure if I will keep it or not though. I really only want one maybe 2 True Percula pairs to work with.

Both are picassos..

post-1834-135665385346_thumb.jpg

post-1834-135665387051_thumb.jpg

Ok, I have been in and out of so many pairs over the last couple of months, just trying to figure out what I want to work with and then dealing with the clown's likes and dislikes lol.

So, here is what I'm working with as of right now.

In order of my preference...

1) Black Ice A. ocellaris (f) X Black Ice A. ocellaris (spawning pair)
2) Darwin Misbar A. ocellaris (f) X Black Snowflake A. ocellaris
3) Snow Onyx HYBRID (f) X Premium Snowflake A. ocellaris
4) Grade B Picasso A. percula (f) X Platinum A. percula
5) Grade A Picasso A. percula (f) X Premium Picasso A. percula

Fish on the side as backup males: (if things stay the same above then I will pair up the two premiums below as my personal pair to enjoy in a reef)
Premium Blacker Ice A. ocellaris
Premium Snowflake A. ocellaris
Platinum A. percula

haha thanks, I really enjoy staring at them and my wife is going to hit me on the head with a fish net if I don't stop it. lol

My favorite individual clownfish is the Black Snowflake and the runner up would be the Premium Blacker Ice, then the Premium Snowflake that I paired up with the Snow Onyx.

Unfortunately I could not figure out where to work in the Premium Blacker Ice. I do not want to work with more than 5 pairs. I'm thinking I will let one of the picasso pairs go so that I can add in the premium blacker ice but I'm attached to both of the males from those two pairs, I guess ideally I could pair the two males up and let them duke it out but not really interested in waiting forever for them to do their thing. Too many choices. lol

My favorite pair is by far the black ice pair. Not only are they a spawning pair but have super intense coloration.

lol at backups! I love them...just need to figure where to use them

Well-if you have any problems with that Premium Blacker Ice just not fitting in, I'm all for donations. tongue.png haha

lol! I'll let you know :P

I also like that darwin misbar and really curious to see what it does with the black snowflake. Should be interesting.

Archived