Clownfish breeding build thread - first go at it

Mr Cob

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally we had this male paired up with the PNG white cap maroon white stripe from above. But he is sooooo big, gotta let him go female. Very friendly fish that likes to eat from my hand.

PNG Wild Caught ( FO ) Morse Code Maroon clownfish:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on our Papua New Guinea (PNG) clownfish collection of broodstock pairs.

It's taken some time but the fish have finally made their selections. Really, we did not put a lot of effort into forcing the pairings and swapped males around until the females were happy.

I believe, at the moment, we have the single largest USA gene pool of true wild caught (FO) PNG clownfish pairings. We have a total of 4 true PNG FO large show size broodstock pairings. We also have 1 smaller pair that is made up of a PNG FO female and a beautiful S&R PNG F1 Morse Code male.

Once these pairs start producing offspring, this gene pool of wild caught PNG fish will represent a large contribution to broadening the pairing options for F1 lightning maroon owners. This gene pool will also offer other PNG owners looking for non sibling related pairing options for their PNG maroon white stripe clownfish.

We have wild caught morse code, white caps, horned, normal white stripes and unique white stripes with horizontal extended lines coming out of the vertical bars.

The following are the final results of pairing these clownfish:

PNG White Stripe Maroon FO (F) X PNG Unique White Stripe Maroon FO (M):

post-1834-140398233648_thumb.jpg

post-1834-140398432671_thumb.jpg

PNG White Stripe Morse Code Maroon FO (F) X PNG White Stripe Maroon FO (M):

post-1834-140398445042_thumb.jpg

post-1834-140398455984_thumb.jpg

post-1834-140398461996_thumb.jpg

I wanted to take a moment to post an update on our Papua New Guinea (PNG) clownfish collection of wild caught broodstock.

We have been very blessed to acquire a great collection of PNG broodstock over the last year and are very thankful for the friendships, support and favor we have received from a couple industry leading businesses.

We have been told that this collection represents the single largest USA gene pool of true wild caught (FO) PNG adult maroon clownfish pairings. We have a total of 9 wild caughts making up 4 true PNG FO large show size broodstock pairings. We also have 1 smaller pair that is made up of a PNG FO female and a beautiful S&R PNG F1 Morse Code male.

It's taken some time but the fish have finally made their selections. Really, we did not put a lot of effort into forcing the pairings and instead simply swapped males around until the females were happy. It was definitely a bit of a juggling act.

Once these pairs start producing offspring, this gene pool of wild caught PNG fish will represent a large contribution to broadening the pairing options for F1 lightning maroon owners. This gene pool will also offer other PNG owners looking for non sibling related pairing options for their PNG maroon white stripe clownfish to include Sea and Reef PNG F1 Morse Codes and other PNG offspring....the obvious one being F1 lightning maroons and other siblings without the lightning pattern.

We have wild caught morse code, white caps, horned, normal white stripes and unique white stripes with horizontal extended lines coming out of the vertical bars...ALL wild caught PNG.

The following are the final results of pairing these beautiful clownfish:

PNG White Stripe Maroon FO (F) X PNG Unique White Stripe Maroon FO (M):

jubape6y.jpg

ejase2yn.jpg

qyvy8yqy.jpg

PNG White Stripe Morse Code Maroon FO (F) X PNG White Stripe Maroon FO (M):

mana7uzu.jpg

hedy9uqu.jpg

a5u9ygug.jpg

I'm really liking this pair the most and I think it has the most potential for picasso type patterns which could potentially lead to lightning patterns. ...who knows. Beautiful clownfish. :)

PNG Unique White Stripe Maroon FO (F) X PNG Horned White Stripe Maroon FO (M):

ny3y8a8e.jpg

bunase7a.jpg

y8aqeryd.jpg

Here is the horned male PNG, I especially like this dude, between his horned head and flag pattern on his tail, he really is a special fish. Wild caught too :)

yhyre4av.jpg

uqydabys.jpg

ajabyhub.jpg

janytave.jpg

PNG White Stripe Maroon FO (F) X S&R PNG Morse Code White Stripe Maroon F1 (M):

Another great PNG pair with what I feel is one of the best sea and reef morse codes I have found yet. Pretty much a perfect clownfish.

The female PNG wild caught:

temyjy5y.jpg

jetyga7u.jpg

a4uqaha4.jpg

The male morse code captive bred first generation F1:

ymy5evy2.jpg

e9e4egeb.jpg

u4ede2e2.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived