Just moved and have to start over

Stubbs4Prez

Hello Everyone,

First off, I am really glad I found this site so soon after moving to Austin. I made the long trip from norther Ohio to Austin at the beginning of this month. Unfortunately, my livestock did not make it. I was running a very simple 5.5g Nano reef in my office and none of my corals made it. A few snails did, and one blue legged hermit, but my leathers, zoa, gsp, and mushrooms did not.

I am looking for a close saltwater store in which I can buy water and eventually find a place to get small frags to get this thing started again. I live and work in in78754 (Harris Branch) so something close by would be great.

Eventually, I really want to get at another Pico/Nano for the kitchen and my wife wants "those pretty fish" so I will be looking for at least a 55g as well.

Thanks, and I look forward spending time learning all I can about this amazing hobby.

- Tyler

Welcome aboard Tyler, we're very glad you found the club!

I'm sorry to hear about the losses during your move but I'm sure you'll be able to replace them in little or no time. I'll be happy to provide you some frags of devil's hand leather and mushrooms (i normally bring various frags to our monthly meetings to give away), and I'm sure you can find GSP as many members are overrun with it as well. There are several great stores here in town (be sure to check out our sponsors River City Aquatics and the Austin Aquadome).

Check out our for sale forums as well, your new larger tanking could be waiting for you...

• Like 1

Welcome to Texas and the club! I didn't find this club for years after setting up my first saltwater tank and wish I had found it right away. Definitely keep your eyes on the classifieds. By far the easiest on the wallet for frags and equipment! The meeting this month is on nano tanks and will be a fun one!!

Welcome Tyler! As you have already found out finding frags is really easy in this club! I bought a frogspawn and some zoas for my 16g nano, and everything else except a 2 inch clam in the last few months has been frags from this club and most of them just given to me even though I offered some money! I really like the sustainability aspect of that also! Anyways I don't have any frags yet or I would offer you some. Welcome to Texas and the club!

Welcome to Texas and the Live Music Capitol of the WORLD! My daughter and her husband were stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB. As you can see we have a great bunch of folks here. I personally have found this forum very informative. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the great support from the folks here I would have gotten out of the hobby years ago. Again welcome!

Wow... you guys/galls are amazing. I can not wait to get this thing back up and running, I find it so relaxing and peaceful. First and foremost I need to get my waters params up to spec before I start adding any livestock.

I look forward to being part of this great group.

Thanks,

Just wanted to update everyone since you are all so cool. Came home yesterday and the filter died... so I stopped by Petco (only place open at 8:00 PM) and they had their brand HOB on clearance so I picked that one up and now just waiting for my tank params to level out. Can not wait to get to get some color back in this thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything is running once again :)

One of my rocks of zoa's actually made it. When I was re-aquascaping I found it buried in the sand and what do you know... they are opening up after about a week.

I have taken everyone's suggestions and stopped by the aquadome and also Aquatek during their customer appreciation weekend.

I am going to love living here in Austin :)

• Like 1