New in Belterra

OU12004

Hi I recently moved to Austin and brought my 29 gallon perfecto reef tank with me.

I lost all of my SPS but most of the other corals made the trip OK.

Some are recovering and I only lost parts of them.

I have been fortunate that the local shops have pretty outstanding prices and selection, so I have been able to replace some of the corals.

Tank is a Perfecto 29 gallon

Filtration is a broken emperor 280

Lighting is 4 24 inch t-5's

I spend all my money on coral so the filtration is pretty limited.

Here is a pic with the daylight bulbs on.

3iSN0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the Southside. I live in this cornor of Hays County just off of FM 1826, about 3 miles from your location. The April bi-annual frag swap was at my home. I am starting an outside seaweed propagation business and welcome visators. This week, I will be assembling a 20' by 40' greenhouse over my newest upgrade of four 150G Rubbermade tanks. Ediable seaweed will be my main product, however, I use decorative macroalgae is most of my display tanks. Drop by sometime.

Patrick

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, I have found Austin to be one of the nicest places with the best people, unless I am wearing Crimson and Cream. Funny how that works.

Really? I'm a die-hard, Orangeblood Texas Ex as is my wife (two degrees for her) with at one point both of us students and getting paychecks from UT (and she still does), and I've never encountered Longhorn fans that were rabidly opposed to rivals. A lot of times UT fans are too laid back and not caring. Except for th occasional light-humored joke smile.png I know I cheer for OU when they're playing a non-Big XII, non-Texas school. Except i have to mute the TV after hearing Boomer Sooner for the umpteenth time wink.png

• 4 weeks later...

George, you are right that most fans here are great, but every team has fans that don't represent well. OU fans included. I have noticed on both sides that it is usually the fans who didn't actually go to school there that feel compelled to comment.