baby Nemo

luckyheo

I enjoy juvenile clowns. I have never raised any. Too much work, for me. However you can now enjoy your acomplishment. It has facinated me as to the social aspect of how these captive raised fish social imprint on their enviroment and on their tank masters. Last week, while feeding my 75G display tank with shrimp salvaged from cheviche, I noted that the first fish to break the "fright barriar" were young juveniles that had been hatchery raised in India. These fish were accoustomend to people as were my display tank fish. Everyone had been there from 2-10 years. However, I did not hand feed these fish as I was working 28 on and 28 days off. While I did use flake food with manual feeds, I relied more on my refugiums with vegatable and mud filters with Jaubert Plenumn in the display to feed and process nutriants.

It looks like cleanliness is an important factor in your hatchery.

Enjoy your success.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing Lucky. Was this pair-up planned? Any special conditions you noted to promote the success? I would love for my Clarkii's to spawn at some point in the future, if only for the challenge and excitement my little girls would enjoy!

I bought both of them as a pair for company, and I was not planning for them to mate at all. It took about 2 years for them to spawn. My tank setup is pretty standard and I don't think the water parameter need to be perfect either because I know mine isn't. From my online research, lunar cycle is important along with regular feeding, and my tank already have both set automatically. I feed them frozen brine shrimp once a week for diet. I think clown will host almost anything, the key thing is to have a decent area (flat&vertical) for them to lay eggs. My ocellaris host on anemone that is attached to a decorated rock but my tomato host on lobo and lay eggs on the side of the coral.

In my opinion, the hard part is not getting them to lay eggs, but taking care of the fry...

You might want to contact "ClarkiiCircus" since he has the same clownfish as you for more details.