(,: the time has come

JoseZ

After having a rough day today from sittin in traffic, check engine light, then stubbing my toe after dropping and breaking my garlic extract bottle then cutting my finger on the glass......my girlfriend tells me something I thought I'd never hear! "I was staring at your tank for a while and I want to get a small tank of my own." I couldn't believe what I was hearing but it didn't surprise me that she finally realized what she was missing out on! Although she said she really just wants something similar to the small tanks she's seen at RCA its good to finally have her on board. I really just wanted to share this because it really did turn my day completely around. :)

• Like 1

Ha that's funny because she said she wants some bright corals mostly not too sure about fish wise yet. But yea she went from "you bought another fish/coral/etc" to "I want my own tank". It really is uplifting for her to be showing more interest. She's actually sitting next to me on google looking up corals asking me about terminology. Not that I'm much of an expert lol

congrats! I actually have an Eco Pico from RCA on my desk at work.. have some Japanese Dendros, mushrooms, and a frogfish... very sweet tank. Can always switch the frogfish for gobies (yasha) and pistol shrimp...

I was actually thinking of a similar gift like a small tank maybe a pico. Her birthday is on Sunday with valentines day pretty much right after so this time of the year gets pretty expensive, not that I'm complaining. She's worth every penny!

• Like 1

Congrats! I'm currently in the works of getting my previous tank [34g Solona] up and running for my fiancee. She wants a clown tank after looking over Aaarrrggg's thread of course! Just need to find a stand for that tank now..

Having your significant other appreciate and participate in your hobbies is a great thing, it bodes well for your relationship if not for your pocketbook. smile.png

+1,000,000

Mine hated the initial process of building and tinkering, but loved the outcome. She is just frustrated that I had to start all over with this lengthy process...

Having your significant other appreciate and participate in your hobbies is a great thing, it bodes well for your relationship if not for your pocketbook. smile.png

+1,000,000

Mine hated the initial process of building and tinkering, but loved the outcome. She is just frustrated that I had to start all over with this lengthy process...

It's not a start over. It's an improvement thats needed.

I am glad Robin is in this with me. Without her the rock work would look like crap and little peices of broken coral would be all over the sandbed.

Dave-