Juiceman

OK guys and gals...

where should the pumps go.

I have

2 MP60s (60)

3 MP40s (40)

2 Variable Tunzes turned up towards the surface (T)

Here's how it currently is.

CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE WHERE I DREW THEM

post-1783-0-41645100-1472784571_thumb.jp

Here's some options I thought of:

Option 1

post-1783-0-54776600-1472784630_thumb.jp

Option 2

post-1783-0-05272900-1472784632_thumb.jp

Option 3

post-1783-0-95005000-1472784633_thumb.jp

It's possible I won't need a few of the pumps now that I have 2 main rock structures and not 6.

Just not sure which route to go.

Any way you can hide an MP40 behind each rock structure so you can't see any pumps on the back wall? I think it would look really nice with a clean back wall... gives you that negative space.

Maybe... But it also wouldn't be very useful.

The way vortechs push the water isn't very directional... Would be kinda pointless behind a structure. The tunzes could be used behind the structures pointed up but makes the cords more visible.

I still have time to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't behind a structure be ideal for a pump that is not directional? That way it disperses the flow on the sides and top while directly behind the structure and not seen?

The other thing I haven't incorporated is flow from my return. Might not need the tunzes at all.

My tank is set up like Option 1, without the middle WP40. I would place the middle pump differently if you want to use it. It's going to push a lot of sand away from the front of the glass and it's going to look out of place between the two structures. I'm not sure how close your towers are to the back wall or how much flow you are looking for. I like the flow I get from four 3,300 gph constant flow pumps. You can always add the two Tunze later if you want more.

833835ae3672b1e03ad298459a3d73af.jpgI tried to snap a photo of your video... What are the 2 cylinders in this pic? The last compartment of your sump... Rocks look GREAT!

Gfo and carbon reactors.

Like the ones on the left of the stand? Sorry if these seem like dumb questions... Jst have never seen 4 before. (2 sets)

mine has 4 now- 2 carbon, 1 gfo, 1 extra for carx... more the merrier i say! I also prefer to have external-sump stuff, makes for more water volume... if you have room. I just cant wait for rory to be done! i wanna see it DONE!!! chopchop! hehe, paaaatience grasshoppa.

• Like 1

833835ae3672b1e03ad298459a3d73af.jpgI tried to snap a photo of your video... What are the 2 cylinders in this pic? The last compartment of your sump... Rocks look GREAT!

Gfo and carbon reactors.

Like the ones on the left of the stand? Sorry if these seem like dumb questions... Jst have never seen 4 before. (2 sets)

If I'm understanding your question correctly,

The bio pellet reactor, calcium reactor, gfo and carbon reactors are all from the same company.

The bio pellet and calcium reactor are to the left of the sump, and the gfo and carbon are inside the sump after the baffle.

OK...

Nitrate is at .5 and Phosphate is at .05. I already plan on doing a 100% water change to switch over to the Red Sea Salt.

I see a touch of diatoms on the rock so i'm thinking everything is working out as it should.

Should I wait before I do the 100 change or go for it?

Should I go ahead and move the corals over once that's checks out or wait for the diatom bloom to subside? i'm going to have another bloom over the right rock work since there's no light over it right now i'm sure.

OK...

Nitrate is at .5 and Phosphate is at .05. I already plan on doing a 100% water change to switch over to the Red Sea Salt.

I see a touch of diatoms on the rock so i'm thinking everything is working out as it should.

Should I go ahead and move the corals over once that's checks out or wait for the diatom bloom to subside? i'm going to have another bloom over the right rock work since there's no light over it right now i'm sure.

Swap to the red sea salt if you want now. I see no difference or reason to though. If its the Red Sea Pro salt, all you'll do is just jack up your alk/ca/mg levels since the salt has higher levels of all of those.

I'd say go slow. You are essentially starting a new tank with cycled rock. The bacteria levels in the rock still need to catch up to the bioload of your tank so throwing everything in there at once may not be ideal. I'd move over some tester colonies and see if how goes. If everything looks good after a week, then move some more, etc...

OK...

Swap to the red sea salt if you want now. I see no difference or reason to though. If its the Red Sea Pro salt, all you'll do is just jack up your alk/ca/mg levels since the salt has higher levels of all of those.

I'd say go slow. You are essentially starting a new tank with cycled rock. The bacteria levels in the rock still need to catch up to the bioload of your tank so throwing everything in there at once may not be ideal. I'd move over some tester colonies and see if how goes. If everything looks good after a week, then move some more, etc...

Just trying to keep the chemistry as close to the corals as possible. The rock is in instant ocean saltwater right now. I run regular Red Sea salt on my tank.

I had the instant ocean to use cheaper salt to finish the cure and or cycle if there was one just in case.

I have no livestock other than coral at this point in the bin so will that create a bio load that it needs to catch up with? I have been feeding the coral zeo foods.

i switched from pro to instantocean/coralife reef variants since i have the CARX. no reason to pay extra for stuff you are already adding in at a more costly manner. I wouldn't do a large water change until you have a full algea bloom on both sides, or you are just extending the bloomtime[tm]. lack of patience in the enemy! blink.png

• Like 1

i switched from pro to instantocean/coralife reef variants since i have the CARX. no reason to pay extra for stuff you are already adding in at a more costly manner. I wouldn't do a large water change until you have a full algea bloom on both sides, or you are just extending the bloomtime[tm]. lack of patience in the enemy! blink.png

I was thinking of putting that BML over the right rock scape to make sure it blooms on both sides.

Ordered my new cuc too