Juiceman

The Purple Tang and clown are gone. All that's left is the Magnificent Foxface.

He is acting normal, other than a few spots, looks normal... And is breathing normal.

We'll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

773c63a9d7b7fd0d6acb7b895c4d41ea.jpg

Lone Survivors!

Totally forgot about the cleaner wrasse!

Did a 100% water change on the qt to remove any portion of whatever brook there was and found the wrasse in the process...!

I couldn't see him with the methylene blue in the water.

These guys look pretty clear... But I'm going to keep them in qt and medicate as necessary.

• Like 3

Well... This is my plan

I have no fish... Therefore no need for the Fish Bin.

However the fish bin itself doesn't grow much algae but the coral bin does since its brand new.

I want to empty the fish bin... Clean it and move it to where the coral bin is.. And put all of the coral and rock into it.

Setup a 2 tank qt system and begin Qt'ing new fish to restock the tank.

My stand should be finished with powder coat this week. I'm going to leave the coral plumbed to the sump once everything's back in place.

Move all the live rock into the tank separate by size and type to begin building my scape!

Once everything is built I will let it cycle/cure separate from the sump, only light, skimmer, flow, and carbon/gfo. No sump.

Once cured, do 100% water change with my good Red Sea salt and once levels are where they should be and place a few test SPS in the tank to see if there's anything non measurable that could harm anything before I allow the tank to be added into the sump.

Any thoughts or other suggestions from all of that?

Well... This is my plan

However the fish bin itself doesn't grow much algae but the coral bin does since its brand new.

I want to empty the fish bin... Clean it and move it to where the coral bin is.. And put all of the coral and rock into it.

My stand should be finished with powder coat this week. I'm going to leave the coral plumbed to the sump once everything's back in place.

Move all the live rock into the tank separate by size and type to begin building my scape!

Once everything is built I will let it cycle/cure separate from the sump, only light, skimmer, flow, and carbon/gfo. No sump.

Once cured, do 100% water change with my good Red Sea salt and once levels are where they should be and place a few test SPS in the tank to see if there's anything non measurable that could harm anything before I allow the tank to be added into the sump.

I always have thoughts Juiceman. [emoji6]

I say just leave the tubs as is. I think you'll get the same results from switching tubs. Yes, there is a possibility the newer plastic may leach more phosphates than the older tub but I think the algae has more to do with the fish grazing their tub while the coral tub had none of that.

I also think you should just hold off on fish until you have your tank put back together and stabilizing. At that point, you can focus better on just QTing fish only and not having to worry about keeping a makeshift tank setup functioning and happy. While the fish are being QTed, it'll give your main system more time to stabilize so I see it as a win-win. I only say that because I was going through a similar situation of running a fish tub, a QT tank, a frag tank, and my display and it was exhausting and I felt like I was juggling too many things at once. All it took was one thing to fall and the whole thing could have come crashing down. Too much risk in my opinion. I went through it and if I'd had known the risk I was taking ahead of time, would have opted to just QT more fish later and not risk my current fish and coral population in the process.

• Like 1

JFC rory! im so sorry. I dont check on your thread for a couple weeks and fffff***************************. I found this: http://www.fishvet.com/Brooklynella.htm says copper doesnt work. is "freshwater" RO/DI? or fresh saltmix? How long can they survive in ro/di? would hypo or hyper salinity help? are those 2 lone survivors gone? did you have corals in the temp fish tanks? or have them separated systems? I'd be paranoid whatever killed the fish is on the corals/rocks as a "carrier" if its on the same water system. for paranoia sake, you might wanna do a "ty 3-bin qt" on the corals when you move em to the display tank. the last, most important question.... where did you get that "last" fish that started this horrible chain of events? sorry for all the questions... combo of shock and learning.

/me starts planning a QT system.... strip the office biocube (holds overflow leathers and palys i need to sell), or setup something new... ugh.

JFC rory! im so sorry. I dont check on your thread for a couple weeks and fffff***************************. I found this: http://www.fishvet.com/Brooklynella.htm says copper doesnt work. is "freshwater" RO/DI? or fresh saltmix? How long can they survive in ro/di? would hypo or hyper salinity help? are those 2 lone survivors gone? did you have corals in the temp fish tanks? or have them separated systems? I'd be paranoid whatever killed the fish is on the corals/rocks as a "carrier" if its on the same water system. for paranoia sake, you might wanna do a "ty 3-bin qt" on the corals when you move em to the display tank. the last, most important question.... where did you get that "last" fish that started this horrible chain of events? sorry for all the questions... combo of shock and learning.

/me starts planning a QT system.... strip the office biocube (holds overflow leathers and palys i need to sell), or setup something new... ugh.

Freshwater = Rodi

Yes the 2 survivors are fine... Eating well and acting normal.

I had several things going in the original qt, not just copper.

The fish that brought it in was from Sea Dwelling Creatures (never touched store water)

The tank will be Fishless for a while to all any remnants to die off before adding anything new.

I was already planning a dipping party when I go to move the coral into the new rock scape.

I think I hit everything

• Like 1

Well... This is my plan

I always have thoughts Juiceman. [emoji6]

I say just leave the tubs as is. I think you'll get the same results from switching tubs. Yes, there is a possibility the newer plastic may leach more phosphates than the older tub but I think the algae has more to do with the fish grazing their tub while the coral tub had none of that.

I also think you should just hold off on fish until you have your tank put back together and stabilizing. At that point, you can focus better on just QTing fish only and not having to worry about keeping a makeshift tank setup functioning and happy. While the fish are being QTed, it'll give your main system more time to stabilize so I see it as a win-win. I only say that because I was going through a similar situation of running a fish tub, a QT tank, a frag tank, and my display and it was exhausting and I felt like I was juggling too many things at once. All it took was one thing to fall and the whole thing could have come crashing down. Too much risk in my opinion. I went through it and if I'd had known the risk I was taking ahead of time, would have opted to just QT more fish later and not risk my current fish and coral population in the process.

Ok, time to reply!

I combined to one tub last night.. Reason being The way the bulkhead had to be on the coral bin put the water level high and one of the turbo snails has taken a liking to going down the overflow thus clogging it.

The fish bin's overflow was lower so I could put a strainer on it and not risk it overflowing, also its wider and longer so I could fit the LPS in the center and still have room.

So I'm waiting at least 60 days before any fish go back in the main system.. maybe more.

The Foxface and cleaner wrasse look like nothing ever happened.. Very good looking and eating like crazy. Maintaining Paraguard anyway.

I plan on starting the QT for new Fish in about 3-4 weeks once I've already finished scaping, building etc. It will give another month for corals to encrust, Pods to populate etc.

I'm definitely not jumping right back in.