Juiceman

UPS strikes again.......

Shipper told me they would be here by 10:30....

Called UPS, said it would be here by 12:00...

Called at 12:15, routed to hub to find out where driver is...

1:25 Get a Call from La Marque TX hub.. (4 Hours away) umm idk why they routed this to me...

1:30 called UPS info being routed to correct hub to find out where the package is......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta say, I would be L I V I D if that was my fish being driven all over Texas. I'd be demanding money back from the retailer for sure.

Hey, it's not the retailers fault. But at the same time, I have a 7 day guarantee.... Hopefully I hear something soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a joint order with RobR

Ok, so Rob just got a call. Evidently it's pyramided into a corner and they can't get to it to deliver it any faster nor can we meet the driver to get it faster. We just have to wait....

Hey, it's not the retailers fault.

Not directly, but they choose their vendors to deliver their goods to their customers, so ultimately they are responsible. You purchased from the retailer, not from UPS. UPS is paid by the retailer, not by you, so you have no recourse with UPS, only with the retailer.

Either way, hope you get the little guy and he's healthy on arrival!

They must be going crazy already. A few minutes ago I saw a u-haul truck pull up and thought someone if finally moving into the apartment next door...nope, two ups guys jump out and pull packages out of the back.

I probably have a UPS truck all to myself. I have all sorts of stuff out for delivery today. Nothing live though just Christmas presents.

From Picturequeaquatics:

That's a load of crap! Sorry you guys are going through this. I packed the fish for 48 hours so they should be fine in the mean time, but its a priority shipment with live animals and they should take a lot more care than that. The box is clearly labeled so it shouldn't this shouldn't even be an issue.

Welp...... After several calls with UPS, operators, supervisors, etc....

The package never actually got onto a truck..... It's apparently somewhere in the warehouse and no one can find it..... Absolutely rediculous

Yea, I think the today I learned story is not to order livestock in December.

I had a live aquaria package delivered last Saturday and I didn't get it until after 6pm. Cleary marked live animal box, Yada yada they should know better, but they are just swamped from online orders and it's buyer beware of delevery by UPS.

I hope it is alright, all my stuff survived so far and looks fine.

I had a live aquaria package delivered last Saturday and I didn't get it until after 6pm. Cleary marked live animal box, Yada yada they should know better, but they are just swamped from online orders and it's buyer beware of delevery by UPS.

I hope it is alright, all my stuff survived so far and looks fine.

Very good point! Hoping mine are ok when I get them today...shows out for delivery already.

they are just swamped from online orders and it's buyer beware of delevery by UPS.

Story on the news this morning is that UPS is down to 91% on-time delivery this year compared to 97% last year. They are strug-a-ling Joe Namath style.

they are just swamped from online orders and it's buyer beware of delevery by UPS.

Story on the news this morning is that UPS is down to 91% on-time delivery this year compared to 97% last year. They are strug-a-ling Joe Namath style.

I wonder if this is a company-supplied stat by UPS or just based on vendor feedback from customers/clients.

Just from the small sample size of our club, we have 3 UPS overnight packages that have been delayed.

Also, maybe they can still get the packages to you in 2-3 days no problem but a majority of their delays may be focused in their overnight programs? So maybe the 9% that are late, 8% of that is from their overnight shipping programs... which is abysmal and kind of lives up with what we are seeing on this forum at least.

Would it be prudent to request Fedex during the holidays for shipping livestock at this point? I'd almost be willing to pay the vendor extra to do so if its an option.

I wonder if this is a company-supplied stat by UPS or just based on vendor feedback from customers/clients.

Would it be prudent to request Fedex during the holidays for shipping livestock at this point? I'd almost be willing to pay the vendor extra to do so if its an option.

UPS Struggles to Keep Up With Surge in Web Orders

On-time delivery rates for UPS ground packages based on their normal shipping transit times last week fell to 91%, according to an analysis of millions of packages by software developer ShipMatrix Inc. During the same week last year, the on-time rate was 97%, which is UPSs usual average during nonpeak months. FedEx Corp.s early numbers were also lower than usual at an estimated 95%.