The Bi-Annual Equipment and Frag Swap!

dapettit

Might I suggest that everyone who brings frags to sell/trade donate one frag to the raffle? Gives more chances for everyone to win something neat.

That's a good idea!

Does anyone have a mist vapor thing you can use outside? I have the entire back porch for setting up and KimP and Sherita will be bring their pop up tents for us to use. We have a huge fan we will be using to help keep the air moving. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. thanks theresa

Might I suggest that everyone who brings frags to sell/trade donate one frag to the raffle? Gives more chances for everyone to win something neat.

That's a good idea!

This is a GREAT idea. The logistics will need to be ironed out. Perhaps the next swap in October.

However if you wish to donete frags for the swap please send me a pm. I will need have the bags/containers labled with the name of the coral and who donated it.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IT HERE SEND ME A PM, dapettit

Dave-

I'll be there with bells on. Jake, did the Dragon/s Breath make it? If it gets any hotter I will move furher north. One good thing about the climate around here is the low humidity. Evaportive cooling rules.

Patrck

It's doing well.. I put it in the main display. I also put some of the other in the main display.. The tangs ate it all up.. I'll have to pull more out of the refugium for the tangs.

I'm now fighting Ick for the first time. Stuff always happens when you go out of town.. Gone for the weekend and come back with my Desjardins Sailfin being covered in ick.. It's now under control and looks gone, but I'm still treating.

I'm so excited about this meeting!! I will definitely be there. I've got a lot of questions though:

I'm bringing some frags to trade or sell. I'll be bringing them in a cooler, but it also sounds like I might be able to set up one of my 5 gallon tanks to display them in? Will there be power so I can bring a small hob filter for water circulation? Since it's outside, I'm assuming I don't need to bring a light? Also, the event starts at 3pm. So do people show up at three to set up their stuff or before three so they're set to go by three o'clock?

Any info peps can provide would be much appreciated :)

T

I'm so excited about this meeting!! I will definitely be there. I've got a lot of questions though:

I'm bringing some frags to trade or sell. I'll be bringing them in a cooler, but it also sounds like I might be able to set up one of my 5 gallon tanks to display them in? Will there be power so I can bring a small hob filter for water circulation? Since it's outside, I'm assuming I don't need to bring a light? Also, the event starts at 3pm. So do people show up at three to set up their stuff or before three so they're set to go by three o'clock?

Any info peps can provide would be much appreciated :)

T

There should be power, let Theresa know. I would also suggest a light, to show off the corals. As far as early set-up - I'll let Theresa handle that.

I have never set up a tank. I've load photos of the mother colonies on my phone. Less work = lazy.

Dave-

Does anyone have a mist vapor thing you can use outside? I have the entire back porch for setting up and KimP and Sherita will be bring their pop up tents for us to use. We have a huge fan we will be using to help keep the air moving. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. thanks theresa

Teresa,

I have three sets of stand alone misters. I removed the very small orfice and put a larger volumn mister. I recommend setting the misters a few feet in front of the fan to be blown toward the area to be cooled. I am happy to bring with necessary hose to hook up to an outside faucet connection, If more that 50' required, please let me know and will bring more hose.

Patrick

I will have this with me at the frag swap this coming weekend. Has over 30 heads on it. Hates me, hates my tank, hates everything about living here. Mad and won't open. If a coral could flip someone off, this one is doing it.

I will give it to someone that wants to try. It still has lots of heads, but it's going to die if it stays here. If you want it, let me know and I will put your name on it. The only catch is that you MUST pick it up at the frag swap, I do not want to bring it back home.

Like I said.......FREE. Or a frag donation if you wish. Just get this mad orange thing out of my tank.

This is posted in the free section as well. First to pm is the first to get it.

PENDING to Mindflux

Edited by Sherita

Teresa,

I have three sets of stand alone misters. I removed the very small orfice and put a larger volumn mister. I recommend setting the misters a few feet in front of the fan to be blown toward the area to be cooled. I am happy to bring with necessary hose to hook up to an outside faucet connection, If more that 50' required, please let me know and will bring more hose.

Patrick

Thank you so much. I got a feeling it is going to be really hot. I did buy something this weekend, however if you don't mind bring it I would appreicate it. I will have a parking for you in front of house. Thanks

Teresa,

Patrick

Thank you so much. I got a feeling it is going to be really hot. I did buy something this weekend, however if you don't mind bring it I would appreicate it. I will have a parking for you in front of house. Thanks

Teresa,

I would suggest running lawn sprinklers (if not banned), the day before, all day and night. I have been on well water for thirty years and use water abundately. Here in Texas my well is 600' deep and I push it at 10 GPM all day long. In Louisiana my well was 100' with an air lift well that brought 20 GPM. In either case I will bring the misters and set them up. I do have a transportation problem in that I totaled my truck and am in the market for economical transportation. With respect to the meeting, I would like to hitch a ride with someone coming from South Austin.

Patrick

Patrick, if you can't get a ride, let me know and I will swing by and pick you up. I will have room in the minivan for whatever you want to bring and I can just get in town a little early and come get you. PM for my phone number if you need to get a ride.

To all,

I just spoke with Theresa. She has had a death in her family that requires her immediate attention. She has requested we move the meeting to the July 2nd. This is tentative and I will update the forum when we make a definite decision. I apologize for any inconvenience, but I am a true believer in 'Family Comes First'.

Dave-

Theresa,

Robin & my prayers are lifted to you & your family.

• Like 1

Prayers are with your family...

how does this affect the July meeting that I have scheduled to host on the 9th?

Not sure we may have to re-schedule that one too. Once Theresa is back in town I will let you know. Sorry I don't have a definative answer.

I talked it over with the wife, and If you want... we can keep the date for Next Sunday if you want to have the meeting here at my place instead.. Just a thought.. I know people have already scheduled to go to this meeting and the weekend of the 4th, most people go out of town and are spending it with family. LMK ASAP. Please..

I have a big back yard, a garage to set up tanks and whatever, can provide electricity and also have a grill for anyone that wants to do that.

Jake