215 Reef Tank

cmanning

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That clam looks like it came from river city :) your "brown" corals looks great!

Yes it did come from RCA......Jake was there with a new shipment and there they were, 2 squamosa that caught our eyes...so we picked 1.

Actually, the 1st pic. of the wild coral was brown and the zoanthids change color about a week ago...go figure.

I wish my corals were as "brown" as yours!

And great tip on the bulbs. I got in the habit of replacing mine every six months. This way I always had a good pair on back up.

The stylophora was already colored up, no problem with that one. The other 2 corals change color, I'm happy :), change is good.

Having 2 extra bulbs for back up sounds like a good plan. I should of ordered mine when they're on sale..... instead I waited too long and lost a beautiful coral. Live and Learn.

• 4 weeks later...

After weeks of lockjaw on my seahorse and unable to eat......the little guy just couldn't get passed it and perished this morning. How frustrating this is ;) , watching him struggle, not able to help w/the problem. At least he won't be suffering any longer. :)

R.I.P.

gallery_40_7_320134.jpg

I wish my red planet still looked like that. Mine lost all of its green and is now totally red. bummer

We got ours way up high and I wonder if this coral a fast grower or moderate/slow? How long have you had yours. You can tell that it has grown and new branches are coming about.

I have had it roughly 6 months. I had it low to mid level under 400w radium/12k reeflux, changed to radiums in jan.It has proven to be an extremely hardy coral, has never lost color even with my high nitrate issues.In the last month I went on a detritus war and my nitrates are barely detectable now. the detritus war was rough on my sps but things are looking alot better now, I just noticed the green missing from my red planet after looking at your pic. Growth for me has been slow but steady.

You need to post some pics of your tank.....wondering how it looks when the red planet is a decent colony, just curiosity. Sometimes when we change to new bulbs, it takes a week or so to see a significant change in how the coral/corals are adapting to the new lighting.

• 1 month later...

Some recent additions to our reef tank. First time I seen "Blue Reef Chromis", they can get up to 5" length, very peaceful towards other current fishes.

gallery_40_7_174864.jpg

Zebrasoma Veliferum

gallery_40_7_33337.jpg

Saddleback Clownfish (Female)

gallery_40_7_298930.jpg

And just for my entertainment.....this little guy seems to always impress me w/its color, as it gets older.

gallery_40_7_33680.jpg