215 Reef Tank

cmanning

Orange digitata was added on 2/08. We acquired this 3" single branch frag from some good friends (Dave & Robin), and its branching quite nicely.

DSCF4817.jpg

This frag was also acquired from Dave & Robin. Love the bluish/purple polyps and thriving as well. This frag was added on 4/26/08.

Thanks Dave & Robin.

DSCF4811.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll be doing a water change and some maintenance in the afternoon, so after that I'll try and get some pics. Hopefully the gobies won't be too shy and they'll cooperate during the photo shot. :doh:

• 1 month later...

We got this Radiata Urchin thru a trade w/ janky jameson. It was nice meeting someone new to the club and I'm glad he had a wonderful 1st time experience trading w/a fellow reefer.

I'm glad he's eating w/gusto!! You got him well trained, Joseph.

DSCF5514.jpg

And here he is facing perfectly for a great shot.

DSCF5520.jpg

DSCF5521.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Beautiful urchin we have one as well. They are also really fast growers our has tripled in size since we first got it.

The last meeting that was hosted @ your home....we notice the urchin in your tank, beautiful, we had to have one. We got lucky and this guy eats nori on a clip. We are very pleased w/ this creature.

• 3 months later...

The oldest fish in our tank, about 4yrs. old. Even though the scopas tang is a pain in the ***, I love the markings it has developed around the face.

blogentry-40-1230593077_thumb.jpg

So hard to capture wrasses...... but we gave it a try.

blogentry-40-1230593162_thumb.jpg

blogentry-40-1230593237_thumb.jpg

Golden/ Yellow Tilefish........it's one of the least shy, bold and hardier feeder.

blogentry-40-1230593335_thumb.jpg

post-40-13019292220523_thumb.jpg

post-40-13019292222371_thumb.jpg

post-40-13019292223649_thumb.jpg

post-40-13019292224631_thumb.jpg

Of the zebrasoma species -----the purple tang and the scopas are the most aggressive, the yellow tang, IMO is the least aggressive. This one basically bullied my yellow tang to death. Scopas tang tried to do the same to the purple but I think he/she met its match. Purple tang won't put up w/its bull****!! and the purple tang was a baby when we first got him. Now guess who's the boss of whom?!

I got tired of following it manually.....so, my husband decided to get me a tripod and it helps immensely. After having most of the fish for three years, you learn their behavior and close to evening time....for some reason the wrasse comes up to the glass and just puts on show. We gather that maybe he/she sees its reflection around that time.

How about a FTS? I've been looking at your picture for TOTQ for a while now and I'm sure it's grown since then. :)

I'll try..... Due to the windows and skylights there's too much natural light and causing unwanted reflection.

Still....messing around with white balance. Need to check the right side..... we believe the capacitor is not firing up like is suppose to. Bulbs are about a year old and the right side is not completely lit (not bright enough), plus we have two T5's, 54W ea.

FTS.....remember I'm no expert so still on learning stages.

_MG_1902-1.jpg

By the way.......don't pay attention to the coraline on the back :P I still need to figure how to clean the salt creep that's on the back part of the glass :) Got to come up w/sort of a splash guard to avoid the salt creep.....time for the thinking cap. :)