215 Reef Tank

cmanning

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the last fish you have a pic of? He looks pretty cool.

Scooter blenny....it also comes in w/red bands and white all across its length but no black on it. People called red scooter dragonet or starry dragonet.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a few additions to our Acan collection & More.

Trade off from Princer7. I love the color on these zoas, they look better in person.

gallery_40_5_372668.jpg

Acquire this frag from Princer7....waiting to see them color up and grow. GROW! babies GROW! :o

gallery_40_5_352094.jpg

Split this colony w/Azcummins from the Vivid Order 4.....I'm liking the way they're changing color. Not the best pic.

gallery_40_5_128879.jpg

Another mini-colony from the Vivid Order 4, I'm a happy camper.

gallery_40_5_63944.jpg

I had this Aussie elegance coral (just 1 head).....now there's 2 heads, beautiful!!

gallery_40_5_153718.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Then & Now Shots.

Oregon Tort ---Crappy shot but you get the concept. Then: 2/16/08.

gallery_40_5_5007.jpg

Oregon Tort ---Now: 7/7/09.

gallery_40_5_140005.jpg

Hawkin's Blue Echinata ---Then: 2/7/09.

gallery_40_5_53356.jpg

Hawkin's Blue Echinata ---Now: 7/7/09

gallery_40_5_54643.jpg

Acropora Granulosa ---Then: 3/12/09.

gallery_40_5_10104.jpg

Acropora Granulosa ---Now: 7/7/09....This coral just got deeper coloration.

gallery_40_5_63774.jpg

Red Planet ---Then: 2/22/09.

gallery_40_5_227571.jpg

Red Planet ---Now: 7/7/09.

gallery_40_5_44207.jpg

Pink Lemonade ---Then: 2/22/09.

gallery_40_5_153642.jpg

Pink Lemonade ---Now: 7/7/09.

gallery_40_5_144508.jpg

Love the growth shots.... especially the first one. Really shows what having patience in this hobby achieves.

Talk about slow grower....but it's worth the wait. Majority of the SPS were grown out of small frags (1"- 2" sticks)

give me a good idea of what I'm looking for out of the RF Fuel system by polyp labs. If I can't do better than the above, then its not worth it.

Try taking a pic on the day you place them permanently on the rockwork.....once in place you can take a monthly pic. You'll be surprise on the significant growth.

i told you that oregon tort was much bigger than last time i saw it.

After going back to my photo library....I realize what a significant growth it has gained. Slowly but steady and with a strong, wide base it has now, I'm sure it will continue to flourish.

• 2 months later...

Sometime between the month of July/August, we decide it was time to replace bulbs.....so we did. Everything seems to look really great and the colors were more brilliant than ever. By the 2nd wk. polyp extension on some of the SPS came to a halt, mainly the ones at the very top. Following that, the color turn brown and eventually you could see the progression of receding flesh (from the top). We had to take immediate action, so we place a large piece of eggcrate and also some UV window screen (layer upon layer). This helped to diffuse some of the light but we can't keep this going on till is time to replace the bulbs again.

It was very obvious, our corals were getting sunburn. This just didn't happened to our corals....while my husband was doing some maintenance (it usually takes him about 15 mins.), his arm that was exposed in the tank got sunburn as well. It's apparent that the UV protectant that's suppose to be on the bulb, was not there.

Yesterday I decide to finally send a e-mail to company and I got a response today. Very please on the prompt reply and on top of that, they will be sending us 2 brand new bulbs that will arrive on Monday morning---customer assistance at its best. In addition they'll be paying for the shipping to get the bad bulbs---just out of curiosity they will test them out and let us know what was wrong with them. What else can I say....we're very happy customers and our corals will be too.:)

(By the way, I'll post some pics tomorrow).

you were running SPS brand bulbs right?

Yes...been using that brand for 4 yrs. with no problems. The rep. mentioned something about having a few customers complain about the Kelvin on some bulbs but nothing that couldn't be solved. This was the 1st time he heard of the problem we've encountered. He apologized and went ahead on to FED Ex us new bulbs...the customer service was taken care of in less than 24 hrs.---very impressed.