Frag Swap Items

JamesL

I'm not sure I can bring much, but I have fragged some Xenia if there is any left I will bring them, and if there is any interest in a six-line wrasse, I will bring him too assuming I can catch him.

Better watch it, if you catch your six-line, Mark will put you to work catching his! :lol:

I would actually like another six-line for my tank, but I am unsure how well my existing one would adapt. I have seen other tanks with multiple six-lines, but I assume they were added at the same time.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take it smile.gif

If you want some loose zoas, I could bring those along too. I just don't think I will have time to glue them down to anything.

Hey James, I would love lots of loose zoas. I have something to trade just have not decided what yet. Will let you know ASAP

Hey James, I would love lots of loose zoas. I have something to trade just have not decided what yet. Will let you know ASAP

Will do, I will put some aside for you.

If I get a chance tonight, I am going to see what I can easily get... might even get some glued down. I also need to clean up 5 korlia pumps I want to sell.

Better watch it, if you catch your six-line, Mark will put you to work catching his!  :blink:

I would actually like another six-line for my tank, but I am unsure how well my existing one would adapt.  I have seen other tanks with multiple six-lines, but I assume they were added at the same time.

Well, I have actually already tested my trap with my six-line.  Catch and release if you will.  I just got to make sure I don't feed for a day or two beforehand and be patient Saturday morning.  If I catch him, I will bring my little homemade trap along if Mark wants.  Now I don't know anything about multiple six-lines in the same tank, but if you decide you want him, please take mine before Mark's  :D

Since my tank is still relatively new I don't have anything all that exciting to offer but I can bring the following if there's interest, I'm really looking for some more colorful zoas and other easy to grow softies.

-anthelia (loose cuttings)

-big bunch of common zoas (they were purple-ish with bright neon green centers and greenish skirts, like purple people eaters until I got new bulbs. Then they turned a little more brown. A lot of my zoas/palys switched colors on me and not for the better so they might go back to pretty purple zoas... at LEAST 20 polyps. Pretty as is, prettier before the new bulbs...)

- couple small kenya tree frags, they will be loose, my mother just dropped babies

- neon green palau nepthea, about 2" long with small branches, also loose as again my mother dropped a baby

So I got all setup for fragging the Firefly. Got a diamond cutting wheel for my dremel. Had discs ready, gloves, super glue gel.

Reached in to grab the colony...and proceeded to break off piece (frag) after piece (frag).

So...I now have 9 "frags" of various sizes ostensibly glued to discs (slimy buggers don't want to stick) and my dremel sits unused. doh.gif

I think I'll go after the AoG zoas on Thursday. Does anyone know if I should focus on getting the full stalk of these or is it ok to cut part-way up? Will the remaining stalk grow a new head?

Oh...and if anyone is interested in Xenia I can bring a bag full of it. laugh.gif

I usually do not cut the head off of the stalk. I have done it before and it does work. long heal time though. Its hard to snip their heads off. when they see you coming they close up (duck). For the quickest recovery time I have found that if you cut the matt with a razor then cut thru the back of the rock leaving the zoos still attached to said rock .

..and proceeded to break off piece (frag) after piece (frag).

It is a bit thin, ain't it?

Certain zoas don't take too well to cutting up the stalk. It's best to get the colony out of the water, make it close up tight, and then inspect it for a good cutting/nipping/dremeling line. Be careful and where eye protection and wash hands well! Zoas are toxic.

I'm going to bring at least two possibly three mini carpet nems. Two WYSIWYG pics below:

post-811-12712643467926_thumb.jpgpost-811-12712643602434_thumb.jpg

I'll probably also bring one or two Actinodendron anemones which I was told were hellfire nems. (this pic is of my main nem of which any I bring would be clones)

post-811-12712644964685_thumb.jpg post-811-12713038828721_thumb.jpg

Well, I have actually already tested my trap with my six-line.  Catch and release if you will.  I just got to make sure I don't feed for a day or two beforehand and be patient Saturday morning.  If I catch him, I will bring my little homemade trap along if Mark wants.  Now I don't know anything about multiple six-lines in the same tank, but if you decide you want him, please take mine before Mark's  :)

If you catch him, bring him along. I think he would do OK in my tank, as I have lots of rockwork for him to hide in. Not sure what yo trade ya, but I plan on definitely bringing some green frogspawn frags and possibly zoas.

Ok, I just got done with my made fragging expedition. It involved a mini hack saw, rocks, super glue, almost gluing my fingers together, and fending off the bites of a clownfish.

So here is my list, and I will try to get pictures tomorrow when things are happier:

2 - 2 head frags of green with pink tip frogspawn.

1 - 4 head frag of green with pink tip frogspawn.

6 - Small frags of pulsing xenia.

4 - Various # of polyp (from 4 to 20+) "Take Over Your Tank" zoas (red skirts, with light green specs in center)

2 - 10+ polyps of "Fire and Ice" zoas (red skirt, silvery centers)

??? - Loose "Take Over Your Tank" zoas.

And the piece-de-resistance:

1 - 15+ polyp Limited Edition frag of Robb In Austin zoas!

These collector items have green skirts with yellow centers. And as an added bonus, there are 3+ polyps of the "Take Over Your Tank" zoas on the same frag.

Will probably be looking for maybe some other zoas. Of course cash is acceptable.

LOL!!! I have the blue version of the take over your tank palys. I kinda like them, fast growing little monsters that they are.

James, I'd really like a frogspawn frag. I don't have anything cool to trade though unless you'd like some anthelia to try (speaking of tank take overs...). Would you trade for plain old cash? :)

The toadstool I got from you is doing great by the way.

Hmm, not sure about that double post...

Here are some pictures of the mother colonies... will try and snap some pictures of the frags tonight.

"Take Over Your Tank":

IMG_4618.JPG

(You can actually see some of the "Robb In Austin" zoas in the bottom right of the picture)

A different colony of my "Robb In Austin" zoas (the picture is a bit washed out) -- not the blue ones:

IMG_4427.JPG

"Fire & Ice":

IMG_3905.JPG