Non photosynthetic corals

Viet-tin

Here is my problem- They become a chore to feed. Dendros arent supposed to be too hard. I like to feed the fish, not too big on having to feed the corals. There are some cool colored dendros floating around nowadays. The white ones are my favorite.

here is a little something you can strive for

Nice! I love the non-photo corals. I have a small clump of sun coral tucked away in my tank, and have some great places to put some other non-photo's.

There was a specialty non-photo tank on nano-reef that was really cool. Let me see if I can find the link. Here it is.

I had some sun coral and for a little while was baby sitting GrimReefers dendros. I like both of them, especially the dendros (which would open regularly during the day), but I soon grew tired of the novelty of spot feeding, especially when I had to do the top of a plastic soda bottle thing, to keep everyone else from stealing from them. I can definitely see how Gonzos idea of a species tank would make good sense in that regard. Wow and just think of the money you wouldn't have to spend on lighting.

Bill

Yeah, feeding is the big catch. My plan is to run a 40 breeder as a sump / fuge for a 3 gallon display in order to supplement a more 'normal' feeding schedule. I have also been following a couple of DIY threads on continuous feed devices to see if this might be a reasonable option.