the jolt 1̶5̶0̶ 180

jolt

6 hours ago, FarmerTy said:
7 hours ago, jolt said:
Time for some classics!

I love the classics!

Very nice, didn't take to long to get to know that camera huh? great pics and beautiful colors. 

Speaking of classics, does anyone know where my Purple Monster colony went? Id like to have some of that back eventually 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mhart032 said:

Very nice, didn't take to long to get to know that camera huh? great pics and beautiful colors. 

Speaking of classics, does anyone know where my Purple Monster colony went? Id like to have some of that back eventually 

Thanks, I am hoping to get better with the camera.  Practice is the key :)

I have a tiny piece of purple monster but it came from someone in california.  It has not grown one millimeter in 3 months LOL

Sorry to say but I don't think any of it stuck around in Austin. I got a piece last year from Unique Corals but it mostly died during the move. Got nubs growing on a plug right now. Bought a 3/4" one 2.5 months ago and its nicely encrusted the plug so far with a hair of vertical growth.

Bottom left (3/4" encruster) and one up and to the right (nubs).0d984e8f1a7c34ae0499b632616310dc.jpg

9 minutes ago, jolt said:

Thanks, I am hoping to get better with the camera.  Practice is the key :)

I have a tiny piece of purple monster but it came from someone in california.  It has not grown one millimeter in 3 months LOL

Practice is key, well that and the field guide really helps too lol. ive never shot with a canon not really shot anything, i agree on lightroom, i love it, there is an entire community that posts settings for different styles as well, which makes it nice to use for a particular style/look

Yeah they grow slow, Mine loved dirty water grew like crazy when i stopped doing water changed before i shut it down. just dosed kalk in my ATO and the Calcium (not carbon) reactor, did a water change once a month when i made it back home from work for a weekend. it was huge when i sold it off, i think Don bought all my corals, but i cant remember its been forever ago. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Sorry to say but I don't think any of it stuck around in Austin

Well that's to bad, enough thread stealing, lol.

Jolt are all those going into your main display? 

• Like 1

I would say most of them. I’m in the process of weeding out a few things.  All the coral in my DT is doing well except for polyp extension.  I’m gonna start placing pieces permanently in July. For things that are too similar I need to make some choices. Some that come to mind that seem so similar are:

atl chameleon, wwc yellow tips, rmf biohazard - I’m going with the chameleon and it’s already in the dt

cc poison ivy, rmf flavor parade, and jf terra nova - that’s gonna be a tough one

There are other examples. As pieces started growing out I could really see how similar they are  

• Like 1

I would say most of them. I’m in the process of weeding out a few things.  All the coral in my DT is doing well except for polyp extension.  I’m gonna start placing pieces permanently in July. For things that are too similar I need to make some choices. Some that come to mind that seem so similar are:
atl chameleon, wwc yellow tips, rmf biohazard - I’m going with the chameleon and it’s already in the dt
cc poison ivy, rmf flavor parade, and jf terra nova - that’s gonna be a tough one
There are other examples. As pieces started growing out I could really see how similar they are  

I can help you with polyp extension. Just ship that bandit over to me. [emoji8]
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christyef said:

How often does the ATS need to be cleaned? And do you also run a GFO reactor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I clean the ATS every two weeks.  No GFO.   3 big tangs, two angels, lots of wrasses and anthias.  Heavy feeding.  Phosphate in that tank varies from 0.06 to 0.1.  In my frag tank tank gfo, phosphate stays steady at 0.06.

• 1 month later...

Well, I just realized it's been a month with no updates.  I have a little excuse, I went to Cozumel with my wife for a week to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.  So, to at least do a minor update,  I took a quick picture of the PC rainbow colony in the display tank.  Not a good picture, but I am really liking the color it's getting in the DT versus the FT which is not quite the same shade of red.

IMG_0172.jpg

• Like 4

Well, I just realized it's been a month with no updates.  I have a little excuse, I went to Cozumel with my wife for a week to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.  So, to at least do a minor update,  I took a quick picture of the PC rainbow colony in the display tank.  Not a good picture, but I am really liking the color it's getting in the DT versus the FT which is not quite the same shade of red.
IMG_0172.thumb.jpg.a900c4f9215ecf2347be0f86f81cafcc.jpg
That's a good sign that it already has great color in the DT... anything but the finest and its mud brown.

Happy anniversary! My wife and I just celebrated our 5th so we are catching up to you. [emoji23]
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, diesel3443 said:

Congrats on the 35! My wife and I are celebrating our 10th this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!  And congrats to you as well - ten years is a big milestone too :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...