the jolt 1̶5̶0̶ 180

jolt

No GFO or carbon.  On my frag tank I dose KZ Phol's XTRA, KZ Amino LPS, KZ Coral Viltalizer, Seachem Flourish Nitrogen, and Brightwell NeoPhos.   I need to add more fish to the FT so I can eliminate the dosing.  No dosing on the Display Tank at this time.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, FarmerTy said:
1 hour ago, jolt said:

Purdy!

Thanks, I stuck him in the little hole we spotted on the right side of the tank, and at least for the first 24 hours he seems to really like it!   Now if he will stay there for a week or so I will start to epoxy coral onto the rockscape (finally!)

• Like 1

Thanks, I stuck him in the little hole we spotted on the right side of the tank, and at least for the first 24 hours he seems to really like it!   Now if he will stay there for a week or so I will start to epoxy coral onto the rockscape (finally!)
Oh, I didn't know that was the grand introduction into the display tank! Oh wow! Grand day!

I hope it stays right there for you! Mine doesn't really move... Even when it split it just sat put. I'm curious how yours will color under the Radions. My T5 and LED grown CSBs look very different.
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RicordeaFreak said:

Things are looking really great Jolt! Your corals are looking fantastic. Those photos of the corals you took a couple months back came out really nice too!

I might need to take a trip down south to check out your setup in person.

Thank you!  Haven't heard from you in a while.  How's your tank doing?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jolt said:

Thank you!  Haven't heard from you in a while.  How's your tank doing?

Its getting way too full at this point. I'm having to try and shuffle things around to avoid them fighting, but things keep growing so i'm starting to run out of what little wiggle room that I have to move things around. 

I'm currently working on gathering more equipment and planning to set up something that will hopefully last me at least another year haha. Wish I could say i'm turning my house into a massive aquarium, but alas thats not the case. One can dream though right?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RicordeaFreak said:

Its getting way too full at this point. I'm having to try and shuffle things around to avoid them fighting, but things keep growing so i'm starting to run out of what little wiggle room that I have to move things around. 

I'm currently working on gathering more equipment and planning to set up something that will hopefully last me at least another year haha. Wish I could say i'm turning my house into a massive aquarium, but alas thats not the case. One can dream though right?

Ah, well I still have that drilled 40 breeder just waiting for a new home :)     

But seriously, corals growing into each other is the kind of problem I prefer over most other problems in this hobby!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Christyef said:

@ricordia. I have a 55 ill sell you very cheap. And skimmer to go with it. Sold the sump tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, jolt said:

Ah, well I still have that drilled 40 breeder just waiting for a new home :)     

But seriously, corals growing into each other is the kind of problem I prefer over most other problems in this hobby!

Thanks for the offer y'all. I actually picked up something a couple months ago, but have been procrastinating on breaking down a planted 55g I have setup as a freshwater tank. I'm finding it hard to bring myself to finally let go of fish I raised from eggs, but its necessary as I need that space to set up this new build.

Agreed, I'll gladly take what could be considered a first world problem in the saltwater world.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a long time since a photo update.  Here's a few I took today

IMG_0249.jpg

Wet Thumbs Tropical Punch Mille, WWC Red Polyp Clathrata, and WWC Black Widow

IMG_0233.jpg

Sold to me at Macna as Event Horizon Mille (I'm not 100% convinced)

IMG_0240.jpg

Back: Pretty in Pink, Walt Disney, RR Rainbow Blossom   Front: Merlin's Staff, Orange Passion

IMG_0232.jpg

RMF Flavor Parade 

IMG_0230.jpg

Pink Cadillac (from @olaggie01)

IMG_0253.jpg

JF Party Crasher Cyphastrea, F2M Holy Grail Micro, Rainbow Acan

IMG_0236.jpg

Pikachu!

IMG_0234.jpg

UC Strawberry Shortcake, RMF Diablo Mille, CB Malieficent  (off to the left is GB Full Spectrum, and in the bottom left is CC Bahama Mama Mille)

IMG_0241.jpg

RMF Red Devil Nasuta

IMG_0258.jpg

Vivid Rainbow Delight

IMG_0257.jpg

Couple of torches

IMG_0256.jpg

Just some nice pieces

IMG_0238.jpg

RR Shazaam and TGC Northern Crush

IMG_0237.jpg

BC Aquaticman

IMG_0252.jpg

Reef Ready Grape Juice

IMG_0220.jpg

CSB Anemone

IMG_0254.jpg

CC Sleepy Hollows and JF Fruity Pebbles

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, jolt said:

It's been a long time since a photo update.  Here's a few I took today

IMG_0249.jpg

Wet Thumbs Tropical Punch Mille, WWC Red Polyp Clathrata, and WWC Black Widow

IMG_0233.jpg

Sold to me at Macna as Event Horizon Mille (I'm not 100% convinced)

IMG_0240.jpg

Back: Pretty in Pink, Walt Disney, RR Rainbow Blossom   Front: Merlin's Staff, Orange Passion

IMG_0232.jpg

RMF Flavor Parade 

IMG_0230.jpg

Pink Cadillac (from @olaggie01)

IMG_0253.jpg

JF Party Crasher Cyphastrea, F2M Holy Grail Micro, Rainbow Acan

IMG_0236.jpg

Pikachu!

IMG_0234.jpg

UC Strawberry Shortcake, RMF Diablo Mille, CB Malieficent  (off to the left is GB Full Spectrum, and in the bottom left is CC Bahama Mama Mille)

IMG_0241.jpg

RMF Red Devil Nasuta

IMG_0258.jpg

Vivid Rainbow Delight

IMG_0257.jpg

Couple of torches

IMG_0256.jpg

Just some nice pieces

IMG_0238.jpg

RR Shazaam and TGC Northern Crush

IMG_0237.jpg

BC Aquaticman

IMG_0252.jpg

Reef Ready Grape Juice

IMG_0220.jpg

CSB Anemone

IMG_0254.jpg

CC Sleepy Hollows and JF Fruity Pebbles

Your corals look amazing as usual! And your a much better photographer 😜

• Like 2

Oooh that RMF Flavor Parade!  I just bought a piece from Maruf in San Antonio along with a Pink Cadillac before he breaks down the tank the rest of the way.  I'm really looking forward to having it.  Very nice shots and pieces as always, Jim.  One day I'd like to book about three hours with you just to sit and stare at your frag tank.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sierra Bravo said:

Oooh that RMF Flavor Parade!  I just bought a piece from Maruf in San Antonio along with a Pink Cadillac before he breaks down the tank the rest of the way.  I'm really looking forward to having it.  Very nice shots and pieces as always, Jim.  One day I'd like to book about three hours with you just to sit and stare at your frag tank.  🙂

Thanks Scott.  I agree we should do that!

6 hours ago, RicordeaFreak said:

Incredible photos Jolt! You have some spectacular pieces in your collection, the merlin's staff is impressive.

Thanks!  I am really excited to see the Merlin's Staff grow, it's pretty small right now.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...