Announcing the Jan 2014 ARC Meeting

mFrame

Our first meeting of 2014 will be in Central Austin and is your opportunity to learn how to photograph your reef tank using a point and click camera or cell phone.

Suggest Photography Apps (free). Available for both iPhone and Android.

PS Express
Snapseed
PhotoGrid

Taken with iPhone 4 (no retouching)

gallery_251_605_833283.jpg

The details:

Saturday, January 18, at 2pm

Our host will be providing free frags to include: Silver Xenia, Pink Birdnest, Purple Montipora Digitata, Blue Coral (a brown octocoral with blue skeleton), and a 6" BTA.

So bring your camera or smart phone and plan to hang out and learn how to take photographs worthy of winning the monthly picture contest that will be starting back up. Get a head start on winning one of our great monthly prizes!

Feel free to RSVP here or to volunteer to bring food or snacks.

We got lots of frags to give away and a brown BTA. Be aware the Silver Xenia can be very invasive so while there's lots to give away it may not neccessarily be a good thing to put in your tank. The pink birdsnest and purple Montipora digitata will need 200 PAR or better to get good color.

• 2 weeks later...

We got lots of frags to give away and a brown BTA. Be aware the Silver Xenia can be very invasive so while there's lots to give away it may not neccessarily be a good thing to put in your tank. The pink birdsnest and purple Montipora digitata will need 200 PAR or better to get good color.

I want some Red Sea Silver Xenia. I can not keep it alive and I want another go at it.

Patrick

. . . I can not keep it alive and I want another go at it. . .

Friends don't let friends do Xenia! laugh.png Funny 'cause I have a couple tanks it doesn't do well in also. There's plenty and there'll be more sonner or later.

Archived