FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

Well, that's encouraging that they match.

May I ask why you keep your dKH at that low of a level?  I know that natural reefs run 6-8, but most guidelines recommend 8 -12 supposedly to encourage growth.  We know from your tanks that growth is not an issue for you.  

• Like 1

Well, that's encouraging that they match.
May I ask why you keep your dKH at that low of a level?  I know that natural reefs run 6-8, but most guidelines recommend 8 -12 supposedly to encourage growth.  We know from your tanks that growth is not an issue for you.  
Yes indeed! Had a hell of a time connecting via bluetooth with my phone but worked fine with the IPad.

Normally it'll be at 7.0 dKh but I've experienced a bit of a growth boom once I corrected my RO/DI issues (basically dumping tap water into my tank). So I'm still adjusting the CaRX to keep up with consumption now.

When carbon dosing, its ideal to keep below 8.0 dKh to avoid alk burn on the tips of your acros. I also keep it a bit lower as I've found most mariculture colonies and wild aussie colonies come in at 6.5-7.0 dKh and it seemed to make the transition easier on incoming colonies I purchased.

I plan to eventually try a sulphur denitrator and move away from carbon dosing. I don't plan on buying any more maris (and Indonesia is helping with that decision) so I may try a higher alk and see if the rumors are true or not that it'll increase growth rates.

• Like 1

Ahhhh! The new avatar is so industrial. It’s almost like you’re trying to market something...Where’s the aqua blue John deer tractor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking more agricultural! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm in the process of making a website to sell frags. Its so much easier than texting people pictures of my colonies or doing for sale threads. I'm no Jason Fox or ever desire to be one, but I'm trying to find the most efficient way of selling frags from my collection. [emoji16]

Well  if ya know where he registered his domain. You create a web site that looks like theirs. You send ty an email saying something about if he wants to sell frags he needs to click here and confirm this. Then he enters his name and password. Then presto you can login and transfer it to....... execept in reverse Since he already owns it we dont need to do this .

• Like 1

Well  if ya know where he registered his domain. You create a web site that looks like theirs. You send ty an email saying something about if he wants to sell frags he needs to click here and confirm this. Then he enters his name and password. Then presto you can login and transfer it to....... execept in reverse Since he already owns it we dont need to do this .

But honey... It asked for my login! I must comply!
or just go to his house and buy a frag and swing over to his computer where he's probably got it on a post it next to the post it with his bank pin and SSN.

If you can't find the post it notes... They are right next to the picture of Brian with the words, "Don't let this guy in the house!" written on it.
  • Like 1