Padding between tank and top of stand

Jimbo662

Do you think 1/8" neoprene padding would be thick enough. Tank came with a sheet of standard foam board that shows white edges. If you try to color them in it looks like crap. Thought I'd find something else to replace it.

you don't really need anything in between if the stand is level and sealed properly. adding something in between just gives water an extra crevice to hide in :) anyone else put something in between tank&stand?

I found a 1/8" neoprene mat on amazon that's almost the exact dimension. I figure since the manuf includes something it may be wise to put something under it just in case for a rimless tank.

i think a lot of it is going to fall to the manufacturer reccomended thickness.

What size tank, what manufacturer?

Reef savvy called out a very specific pink foam board insulation that was 3/4" thick that I had to go to temple to get. All anyone had in Austin metro was 1/2".

I bet one of those anti-fatigue mats would work well, those are normally waterproof and closed cell foam which would repel water, while providing the padding you might be looking for. In the garage for my sump, i used old corrugated plastic lawn signs (didnt want to sit it on concrete)

My tanks is on a metal stand, with 3/4 plywood that was painted with exterior paint between the tank and stand. I kind of agree that the more you have that can trap/collect water the worse it will be over time.

Do you think 1/8" neoprene padding would be thick enough. Tank came with a sheet of standard foam board that shows white edges. If you try to color them in it looks like crap. Thought I'd find something else to replace it.

Electrical tap or black duct tape will work wonders to hide the white edge if you want to use what you have. Just apply on the side and fold it over.

Archived