Time for a break :-(

Jimbo662

Well...after a lot of thinking over the last 4 days I've decided it's time to take a break from tanks. I've had at least one tank running at all times for the last 14-15 yrs. Believe me...it was a very hard decision!

I'm in federal sales and last Friday at work we had a meeting to discuss spending and budgets during and into the first year after presidential elections. Long story short the next year could possibly be extremely tight on the bank account and figured I better be prepared. I was able to find an apartment in the same building I'm currently in and they were having a special on it...lucky me!!!! The one draw back is it's on the 3rd floor. Before I made the final decision I did a test run on the stairs and didn't have any problems with my knee. :-)

I figure I'll wait until I find a house before I jump back in...so with that plan I'm going to keep most of the equipment and just sell off all of the tanks.

Be on the lookout for some livestock and hardware For Sale posts!

James

Oh no! [emoji53] How about I maintain it for you? [emoji4]

You move it to the 3rd floor and maintain it and you got a deal. :-)
Let's get you started on that no water change program!

Really though, we're losing out on a great part of our community with you taking a hiatus.

We'll be here ready to welcome you back when you jump back in. [emoji106]

• Like 1

Oh no! [emoji53] How about I maintain it for you? [emoji4]

You move it to the 3rd floor and maintain it and you got a deal. :-)
Let's get you started on that no water change program!

Really though, we're losing out on a great part of our community with you taking a hiatus.

We'll be here ready to welcome you back when you jump back in. [emoji106]

Thanks! I'm not going far. Y'all can start calling me Victoly Jr. I'll be lurking around and interjecting when and where necessary. cool.png

• Like 2

You're a good friend that always helps when he can. I sincerely hope that you stick around and continue to be a part of the community. Give me a call when you get another tank. I'll set you up with one of everything from my tank.

Thanks for all the encouragement! I was actually sitting there last night wondering if a nice smallish cube tank might be a good compromise...then I tell myself no stop it...then I think well maybe...no...maybe...no...maybe...

• Like 2

I've got a 22g Mr Aqua that I considered setting up as a planted tank but looking at a few of my corals it's getting harder and harder to think of getting rid of them. May try to get another cube to set up.

Noooo jimbo! Nooooooo!

GIF-disappointed-game-of-thrones-John-Br

I have hope you'll be back by winters end.

... I'm doing bettas now :)

Nooooo! The day gets even sadder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bluemoon
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the encouragement! I was actually sitting there last night wondering if a nice smallish cube tank might be a good compromise...then I tell myself no stop it...then I think well maybe...no...maybe...no...maybe...

A friend that has a much larger aquarium was at my place looking at my 12G cube the other day and he said he wished he had a small aquarium because it's easy to fill up with coral and make it look cool.... also quite a bit cheaper I'd imagine.