Jens 240

Jen_McG

Hey everyone, been on here for about 6 months reading everyone else's build threads so I figured I would post mine. Only been in saltwater for a little over a year. Started off with a 75 gallon, then upgraded to the 180 8 months later. This tank has been up and running for about 6 months. Also have an 80 gallon cube, I'm about to switch everything over to a 92 gallon corner tank.

180 gallon tank

Sump eshopps rs-300

Apex gold

Neptune wavs x2

Jebao rs-8 x2

Bubble magus curve 7 skimmer

2 little fishies reactor

Aqua max bio pellet reactor

Brs dual reactor for carbon

Aquatic life 8 bulb t5 Ati

Fish

Sailfin tang

Blue hippo tang

Purple tang

Mystery wrasse

Flame hawk

Maroon white stripe clowns x2

Blue throat trigger

Lyertail anthias x4

Flame angel

Bi-color Angel

Lawnmower blenny

Midas blenny

Lubbock fairy wrasse

Harlequin tusk

Fox face

Pajama cardinals x3

Coral mostly Lps and soft coral!

Currently my biggest struggle is water quality. It's nothing crazy nitrates at about 20, and phosphates at about .08. I strive everyday for better water, slowly but surely getting there :) try to get some pics up once I figure out how to post them....

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a syncra 2.0 pump on it, it's been running for about 5 weeks absolutely no clumping. It spins in a circular motion. So far so good absolutely no complaints about it yet. This is already my second reactor so I was hoping it was going to get the job done. I wasted money on getting an aquatop reactor but all it did was clumped after the first week. I was impressed with this one so I actually bought a second one for my 80 gallon cube

I honestly have no problems with it...I'm really not that big into led (their awesome don't get me wrong) I just really dig t5s. I use all ati bulbs and the coral seem happy! Now granted I mostly have soft coral and Lps so not sure how well sps would do in there. Has a timer on it so don't have to tie up another apex outlet with it. I had the 48' one on my 75 gallon and plan on buying a 36' for my 92 gallon corner tank. Im sure eventually I'll upgrade lights when the time comes but I rather spend money on all the other equipment for the time being. Feel like for the cost it still gets the job done and that's all I need for the time being. Oh and it only has one plug which is a huge plus!

Here's mine: http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/36054-bobcats-75gal-first-reef-build/

This weekend I'll break down the current tank, place the new tank on the stand to figure out where to drill holes, dry fit all the plumbing, and maybe start the sanding of the stand (unfinished and used for 15 years).

Here's mine: http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/36054-bobcats-75gal-first-reef-build/

This weekend I'll break down the current tank, place the new tank on the stand to figure out where to drill holes, dry fit all the plumbing, and maybe start the sanding of the stand (unfinished and used for 15 years).

Archived