Jens 240

Jen_McG

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The end pics look great. Did u remove all the substrate or am I seeing it Wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I removed most of it, still have to get the sand underneath all the rock. If I do that I'll probably end up re-aquascaping. Just been taking the sand out little by little!

• 2 months later...

Long over due for an update. Good news is I finally am about 95% clear of Dinos. Bad news I lost pretty much all of my coral besides a few pretty hardy pieces. I'm just glad I didn't lose any fish in the process. The tank is pretty bare but with c4 coming I'll fix that problem quickly. Just some quick crappy pics of the 180 and my 92 gallon corner!

How old are your clown fish? I have a pair that I have had for almost 2 years and I have yet to see them lay eggs. They remove sand like crazy and clean the rocks but nothing, my wife is so mad at them for not laying eggs lol.

I've had them for a little over a year. They were in separate tanks at the lfs so I was like what the hell I'll put them together and see what happens lol. They started laying eggs 10 months later and haven't stopped ever since. They actually leave the sand alone (when I still had sand) but will try to knock coral or rocks over if they're to close to the nems. I didn't do anything special or even expect eggs but one day it just happened, guess I just got lucky lol

• 2 months later...

Well haven't updated in awhile.....so here goes! I discovered a slow leak in my 92 gallon corner tank. Struggled with the decision to just break it down and give the fish to a good home or try to replace it with another tank. After long thought decided I was tired of taking care of two tanks. Talk to Jake at rca and decided to go head and order a 240. Decided to get one big tank to combine what I had in my 180 and 92. Tank should be here in about 4 weeks. Dimensions are 96x24x25. I plan on breaking down the 92 tomorrow so that I can re-cure the live rock I have in there. Im going to take the fish out and keep them in a temp tank until the 240 is ready. Lucky I really don't have much coral in there so should be a fairly easy process.

Well haven't updated in awhile.....so here goes! I discovered a slow leak in my 92 gallon corner tank. Struggled with the decision to just break it down and give the fish to a good home or try to replace it with another tank. After long thought decided I was tired of taking care of two tanks. Talk to Jake at rca and decided to go head and order a 240. Decided to get one big tank to combine what I had in my 180 and 92. Tank should be here in about 4 weeks. Dimensions are 96x24x25. I plan on breaking down the 92 tomorrow so that I can re-cure the live rock I have in there. Im going to take the fish out and keep them in a temp tank until the 240 is ready. Lucky I really don't have much coral in there so should be a fairly easy process.

That's going to be an exciting upgrade!

That's going to be an exciting upgrade!

Yes it is! Just really not looking forward to the work involved and the stress of moving everything over without killing anything [emoji3]

Yes it is! Just really not looking forward to the work involved and the stress of moving everything over without killing anything [emoji3]

You've got the advantage of time and planning! You can do it!

I've set up a 20 gallon long to house my fish from the 92 and use it as a quarantine tank as well. Got a simple hob filter, heater, and airstone. I used the water from the 180 and added the marine pure spheres I had sitting in the 180's sump for months. I'm completely stumped as I have ammonia in the tank according to my searchem ammonia badge. I did a 5 gallon water change with fresh saltwater to see if that will help. Wasn't able to move the fish over today or breakdown the 92. Shooting for tomorrow if all goes well

8cbf975737f412866d6872361efa3ea7.jpg

e090a910367fabaa9f63358095261273.jpg

a734a4aa0a7823026ecff9423b809658.jpg

Received a bottle of vibrant in the mail today. Read some good reviews on reef 2 reef so figured what the heck it's worth a shot. Got a few problem areas in the sand bed and some algae on the back walls.

8acaf6683eff531a8ce4f6f5e6ea8029.jpg41b452ce87d81c4ba7bdce07bc9f3628.jpg7f88d562e475b90b22a2112c7fdca6cc.jpg2c9ff7ac5088adb748fd0f9ddca354c7.jpgf5da1f98bf676503a125b11b138bce29.jpg864d681237e9bf9c0d09ebb9c65704ae.jpg

Yeah that Vibrant is really causing a stir, Please keep us posted on how it works for your tank!

I will! My purpose is to either save people $20 bucks or hopefully say yes this stuff is awesome! We shall see!

Hey Jen, for what it's worth I battled a bad outbreak of Dino's in my tank and after a lot of researching online I decided to start dosing hydrogen peroxide and it worked like a charm. 3 days and all was gone, and all of my sps and lps were safe and sound

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dinoflagellates-my-experience-h2o2-reefing-tool.52084/

Hey Jen, for what it's worth I battled a bad outbreak of Dino's in my tank and after a lot of researching online I decided to start dosing hydrogen peroxide and it worked like a charm. 3 days and all was gone, and all of my sps and lps were safe and sound

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dinoflagellates-my-experience-h2o2-reefing-tool.52084/

Thanks for the info, I actually have been dosing peroxide, got rid of it completely for awhile and then it slowly started showing up again after I added more sand. Seems like it worked much better for you than me! I actually had to overdose the system at 40ml a day just to get them under control plus siphoning everyday as well. That was like a few week process all together ? Not sure why I can't beat them or how I even got them. Especially when I use one sediment fitler, two carbon blocks, and two di resin canisters.

Archived