Jens 240

Jen_McG

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe just a fluke or just finally a tad bit good luck. I decided to order another bottle of vibrant even though I didn't have much luck with it in the past. I thought we'll maybe since the Dino's aren't to bad I might have better luck trying to knock them out with that stuff. Got the bottle on weds and did the first dose that night, 25ml I believe. Well by the next day it started looking a little better. Thought this is to good to be true. Well looked at the tank today right before the lights started to dim and don't really see much left. I still see a few strands here or there but already looks remarkably better. 8e159794567070452a49d1757fa3ea81.jpg41619d5a18307e6dfbfc7b9c04a7a4e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jnaylor said:

Wow thats great to hear! Hopefully it knocked it out.

Thanks! So far so good, see a couple strands here and there but nothing major. Probably will continue to dose at least once a week! 

• 2 months later...

Not much to update. Tank literally looks the same since last time I posted minus the Dino's. I haven't been keeping up with the tank the last few months besides topping the water off and feeding the fish. Lost all my sticks to my laziness of letting the tank go. Even contemplated getting rid of it a few times due to my hectic schedule. I realized I love this hobby way to much to get out. So here's to my re-motivation to get back in the game. Getting things back on track and back to my usual tank routine! 0763f06ada4c1c0c85c78738a9b1c889.jpg

I mean it still looks pretty nice to me ...

Surprisingly it does minus the dead sps and the test results I got when I finally tested the water. Let's just say it wasn't very pretty [emoji4]

7 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Still a great looking tank. If you don't want to be always fussing with the tank, forget the sticks and get some really nice LPS, zoas, and gorgonians.

Thanks Ty! Thats actually the direction I'll most likely go for now, maybe throw in a few sticks! At least till after the wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii 😊 

Thanks Ty! Thats actually the direction I'll most likely go for now, maybe throw in a few sticks! At least till after the wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii [emoji4] 
I'll wrap up some sticks and put it in a box for you for your wedding gift. Just make sure you open it before the honeymoon.[emoji14]

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions of why my sand bed turns like this a few days after I syphon it? It's a never ending battle. Clean a few days then back to looking like this. Syphoning it is getting old. It looks like some type of algae to me or possibly left over Dino? I don't see bubbles or stringy strands in it though. 099ce6a38231534ccf1696f2d13ea90b.jpg

Archived