Powerball winnings- how would you spend it all?

I would get rid of my tank altogether and just buy a tropical island surrounded by a healthy reef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/mai-island

No listed price but the environment should be reef ready and should withstand at least a few decades of ocean rising.

I'd save and lock down a good chunk so I can fall back to living off interest if I screw up the rest of it, invest a bunch in my own company(s), some philanthropy, setup some restricted trust accounts for a select group of friends and family members (giving cash is a bad idea unless you want to become an employer).

After that you still have enough to do basically whatever you want and hopefully can do so without estranging everyone you know or getting in trouble.

I'd save and lock down a good chunk so I can fall back to living off interest if I screw up the rest of it, invest a bunch in my own company(s), some philanthropy, setup some restricted trust accounts for a select group of friends and family members (giving cash is a bad idea unless you want to become an employer).

After that you still have enough to do basically whatever you want and hopefully can do so without estranging everyone you know or getting in trouble.

If I have that 1:292,200,000 winning ticket, I may have to steal your ideas! You really thought this out [emoji38]

I would get rid of my tank altogether and just buy a tropical island surrounded by a healthy reef 99d194f5399ac4b06ffe04f80726d573.jpg

I'd like to see the skimmer you'd have to use for that! :)
At least I wouldn't have to worry about dialing in the perfect Ca and Alk levels ever again haha

I would get rid of my tank altogether and just buy a tropical island surrounded by a healthy reef 99d194f5399ac4b06ffe04f80726d573.jpg

I'd like to see the skimmer you'd have to use for that! smile.png
At least I wouldn't have to worry about dialing in the perfect Ca and Alk levels ever again haha

It's a little more difficult to adjust bicarb levels that are being tweaked due to increase in atmospheric CO2. But with in excess of a billion dollars, you could at least fix your tiny island.

Buy CoTA

Go Boone Pickens on TXST

Never fly commercial again

Snowboard, Scuba, Bike, Fish, Sail, Hike all over the world

I definitely have two aquarium dreams: My 3-5 year attainable dream aquarium, and my lottery dream aquarium (and it's supporting room). Lottery dream aquarium is built into the new house, a peninsula style tank, 4' wide and 8' long. Have the scape in my head, know how I want the system laid out (for the most part), what crazy things would need to be done to accommodate it (lights and hood would need to be moveable and you'd need some kind of ceiling rig to hang from so you could deal w/ the middle of the tank safely.

I think it would be cool to partner with ORA and beef up their coral propagation program and breeding program to ween the US off of wild caught livestock.

Forget that, just buy ORA entirely, fund them well and let them continue running as they are, and then go buy the entire live aquaria / diver's den divisions just to get it back from Petco.

• 4 months later...

In order of importance:

Continue to be gainfully employed.

Put most of it in savings to collect interest on... probably ~90% of the total.

I'd buy a humble home on a piece of land south of Austin TX (Kyle, Buda, Manchaca, Wimberly, etc) preferably with natural water on the land.

I'd then proceed to use a very small portion of the money to buy the very best R34 Skyline I could find to import.

In order of importance:

Continue to be gainfully employed.

Put most of it in savings to collect interest on... probably ~90% of the total.

I'd buy a humble home on a piece of land south of Austin TX (Kyle, Buda, Manchaca, Wimberly, etc) preferably with natural water on the land.

I'd then proceed to use a very small portion of the money to buy the very best R34 Skyline I could find to import.

Man we saw a bunch of 34, 33, and 32's when we were in Japan a while back, as well as sylvia's all over the place. US got completely jipped on cool Nissans. I did have a 300ZXTT and a G35 now. With I had some crazy amount of money so I could afford a GTR.

I'd love to visit Japan to see their cars, try the best sushi, and visit their video arcades. The R32's are going for less than 20k now. You can import from Canada. The G35/7 is one of my favorite cars ever. My mom has owned 3 of them now, and my younger brother has a 2011 IPL G37. Such awesome cars.

Archived