Dropout 2.0 (Building Stage)

Makena95GT

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! Thanks Ty! Hopefully I'll have a vehicle with working AC in the next couple of days to be able to do that without dying of a heat stroke

So this is what the tank looked like when I got up and turned the lights on. Dont worry. The nem is behind/between the rocks on the left. Give it an hour and itll be all fat and happy in the light lol

2a43570e0ac1ede2685d79fe76fbbae1.jpg

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

1f68ec4bcb833ff05ab5d038e96e346a.jpg

Took this pic at 1pm today. I turned the lights on around 10:30am. Doesnt look as bad as it WAS getting with having the lights on and all the corals are inflated or open besides the finicky cinnamon grandis paly

See Ty, proof I havent killed the nem (thank goodness) but I cant wait to get to see it in its full glory

Not just yet. I just tested my water 3x's with the Red Sea kit just to be sure I was getting consistent readings

pH: 7.8

Calcuim: 400ppm

Alk: 11.2dkh

Mag: 1600ppm

Keep in mine I've never used any supplements before and I use plain Instant Ocean salt, not Reef Crystals.

Not too sure what to do as apparently water changes with my water are just adding to the issue. Maybe a change in my tap?

• 4 weeks later...

Booooo.. so much hard work and effort this last month.. For nothing.

Water had been getting better with RO/DI water changes. Nem looked good then one night the damsel is gone and the nem is fat. Two night later.. nem is nowhere to be found. I'm down to one fish, most of my corals are dead or dying, and I'm at my wits end. Ive contemplated tearing everything down and selling it.. Multiple times the past few days.

I have no idea what to do with it anymore. I'm completely ashamed that I lost the nem, I'm sorry Ty :(

Oh no, sorry for your loss Makena. I've always had luck in my old nano with routine water changes with RO/DI water... but it only worked when I did them like clockwork. If I even missed a week, it started going downhill for me.

No worries about the anemone. We all experience setbacks here and there, it's what you do after them that define you. Jump back on the horse and keep at it if you still want to do reefing.

Well my last fish had to be put down today. He was lifelessly floating around barely breathing. I think after all this heartache that tank will get transitioned to FW or go to storage. I have no corals left worth giving away. Theyre all super dead. No fish left.

I'll still be here lurking and whatnot. Ill def have another reef tank in the future when I feel better about it. My anxiety is telling me I should never have animals again, but I know that's not true so I'll take a break on reefing for a bit

I am extremely sad to have typed it. It hurts to look back and see the passion I used to have slowly dwindle away due to setbacks. I really hope after a few months I'll feel better and jump back in

Archived