Dropout 2.0 (Building Stage)

Makena95GT

2509748a4cbf5a0f872e10b3624024bb.jpg

For two days little crab bro hung out in that corner. He finally claimed the rear of a piece of rock today

33ac85e7e752d1411be1a13d74e3d604.jpg

Hes just too cute! Super skittish right now and he seems to always follow another fish around. Mainly the Bangaii I guess since they dont pick on him like the Goby and they aren't as quick and spazzy as the wrasse. He reminds me of Tys emperor. But less awesome lol and mine will only get ugly as he ages

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Haul! :) Love the green/yellow zoas

Thanks! I honestly haven't been this happy to see my tank in a while! This would be my first real haul since the upgrade and how it looks much less empty! Lol

Those guys are radioactive dragons eyes :3 I have a friend in Cali that told me I HAD to get some yesterday lol

Day one pics . Of the C4 goodies

2d3873f19304f080471659239bea0b12.jpg

Blasto?

49dcd36c54f3a7de7393f8b899650a6b.jpg

Radioactive Dragons Eyes

aa71fee5dacd859760a7e3fc50b4945d.jpg

Screaming Green Birdsnest

56ea0354ac0c23f5f4ec9987f7e84ccb.jpg

Red Acans

442cfe061796009221a069a1648dba8f.jpg

Ricordea

cf26309fb1e6e654618fe3bb081b56d3.jpg

Goniopora or something similar?

bcf3ddce49e84be5613b7281402d9d7c.jpg

Green button polyps that the Wrasse had just brushed up against

b70829492e592f26d3aac44878414419.jpg

Orange lytho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

96dec2b9190fa039ee021fea3a9de5e6.jpg

Still working on the tank cloudiness thing but found this on the glass today. After a bit of research the only likely culprits are my Conch pair. Or I guess they must be a pair now. I never knew how to tell males from females.

So even in the mess of my cycle, we still have life. Some of the corals are even coming back. So now it's on to solving the cloudy water issue

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry guys I'm still around. I honestly haven't touched the tank at all in almost or maybe more than(?) a week due to my dog getting ill.

He has typical bulldog skin allergies that worsen every summer but never get bad enough to worry. Just a little itchy skin and an oatmeal bath once every other week fixes it. I woke up to him chewing his back feet raw.

340f0d7f4c694444a6fd5b3bdb2934c0.jpg

I cleaned his wounds and bandaged them up for that day while they were still bleeding and open.

e19a53107ddfbf37cf87bebe1aba655d.jpg

He also got the cone of shame for a few days. His wounds healed up but yesterday I got a call from home while at work saying his face was breaking out in hives. I left work early and grabbed Benadryl on the way home. His symptoms went away. Then today I get another call at work from my mom saying now he has big open sores in his mouth. Needless to say he's now going to the vet. I have no idea what's wrong with him or how to help him besides a vet visit at this point. There is a possibility that I may end up selling off my reptiles and other fish then lastly if it comes down to it.. The reef tank if I can't get a payment plan for his vet bills. I hate to always have bad news on my end. Sometimes I feel like I just can't catch a break.

I feel bad, one of the cardinals died probably due to starvation since I didn't feed the tank either and that one was already fairly thin.

But. One bit of good news is the week long blackout and leaving the tank must've helped. It was pretty much 100% clear this morning. I wont lie.. i haven't looked at it yet now as I immediately came home to check on my dog and am now writing this from my room. So fail on my part. I also haven't refilled the ATO so I may have to slowly top the water off so the salinity doesn't dip too quickly.

So I may be able to grab that RBTA from you soon Ty if all goes well with my pup :3

The vet visit went well. Had a few scares but the doc said not to worry about them. Got antibiotics, steroids, and a medicated shampoo that already seems to be working wonders.

Ill probably do a water change today and leave it for a day or two again

The vet visit went well. Had a few scares but the doc said not to worry about them. Got antibiotics, steroids, and a medicated shampoo that already seems to be working wonders.

Ill probably do a water change today and leave it for a day or two again

My German Shepherd puppy has sensitive skin so we get him special shampoo. He had puppy pyoderma so he was on antibiotics and steroids for 2 weeks. but he is clear and we bath him 1-2 times a week with his prescribed shampoo and he is fine now.

Good luck!

Just before my bday two years ago I lurked here because I was interested in reef keeping. Three days after my birthday on August 29th I joined. My parents had freshly divorced maybe a few weeks before and I didn't have a job or felt like I had a purpose. We're getting close to my two year anniversary as a saltwater enthusiast and I wanted to say thank you to everyone that has guided me these past two years.

Sounds lame but if it weren't for ARC, i'm not sure were id be physically or mentally today. Ive had a couple of rough spots but I've been on a better path to better myself and my tank.

Thanks ARC!

Haha thanks! I'll be texting you today to hopefully pick it up in the next two days or so.

So I installed the new skimmer pump. No more air pump feeding air to the old skimmer pump that was janky.

Cleaned all the filters, reinstalled the ATO, got a big *** Mag-Float, and cleaned up the glass. Now the tank is cloudy from messing with the sand lol

But it's looking like its on the right track again!

I want it in tippity top shape for my bday get together on the 26th! Took a whole week off for my bday. My first vacation since working at PetSmart 2 years ago :D

Things have been good everywhere else. Dog is healthy, leopard gecko eggs are incubating, my latest rescue, a King Snake, is eating well and almost ready to go to his forever home with a friend..

Life is nice this week lol

b17d3425b842ee202b54974144e40162.jpg

Does this count? Haha

My skimmer pump blew some sand around and made a ginormous valley in the tank, clouded up the water a bit so I cut that off and I'm waiting for things to settle. The nem took off up the glass but looks good. Once its all clear I'll snap a few pics :3

Haha yea!

Hes settled in and looking happy but the tank Cloudiness popped back in and after a day of googling and research I have another theory. My pH has always been around 8.2-8.4 consistently. I tested the water the day after I added the nem to be sure everything was ok and we has 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5ppm nitrates. That reinforced my thinking that the tank is def cycled.

But what I noticed was pH was almost off the charts high, at leash 8.7-9

I'm thinking I'm getting calcium precipitate in the water column and the pH is maybe rising when the lights are on and the corals are doing their thing?

I looked up some articled by RHF and decided to dose small amounts of distilled white vinegar as well as use store bought RO/DI water with a neutral pH for my top off water until I can grab some more water for a water change. Im guessing my tap (which I never had an issue with, even phosphates) must suddenly have high pH or something. Not too sure. I need to test calcium, mag and alk hopefully when I get home tonight and see if theres issues there as well

Also I dont advise getting stung by a nem while you have a cut on your hand. It hurts. A lot. And at the same time makes your whole arm numb. Fun times

Archived