Matts 225 DSA

mbaxter

I dont plan to wait. He batches about 10-12 orders and makes them over a week.

BTW, I setup my Herbie Overflows. One for each side of the sump and the third overflow as an emergency Durso. Im not sure Ill need 2 but I have them so Ill try. I also may try to have a single Herbie, a secondary, higher emergency, and then a durso if all goes to hell in a hurry.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The Blueline 70 return pump arrives today. Im still waiting on the 2 filter cylinders, Biopellet reactor and manifold that sits in the center. Those along with the refugium spray bar will run off the return manifold and the skimmer uses a Mag 9.5. Im also due for a CA-Rx to be built in August.

Im finally running. On Wednesday I got it all plumbed and in an attempt to stop a leak at the bulkhead I tightened the threaded pipe just a little too tight and snapped the bulkhead. Fixed that yesterday and started it up.

The blueline pump has got to go. The fan is so loud so Ive ordered a Reeflo Dart/Snapper to put in its place. They draw 100w compared to 300w on the Blueline and run near silent.

But after running for only a few hours it has turned my water crystal clear.

gallery_3906_673_2936739.jpggallery_3906_673_1456000.jpg

gallery_3906_673_2437323.jpg

Ugh(the good kind) clear tubing is so beautiful. My new fish wall at work has all clear plumbing and until it gets gross.. It's just so amazing lol something about that clean look

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

lol! thanks but I didnt make the manifold. He sent that with the sump and all the barbs and hose. He'll make another manifold for the three media reactors that will go in the center. I should get those soon.

I found this little cart at Ikea last weekend for $29.00. Its called Raskog. It makes a really nice organizer. I need to put a couple hooks on it for nets and stuff. It sure beats rummaging though a cabinet for frequently used items and rolls into a closet when Im done.

gallery_3906_673_3076725.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been running for about 2 weeks now and everything is humming along nicely. I switched to a Dart pump and its nice and quiet and Im starting to see some small spots ofbright green algae - almost highlighter color and some specks of purple coraline, I have a Ricordea that is now growing off the frag plug and picked up a couple Acans and a Hippo Tang from Aqua Dome over the weekend to join the pair of Clowns and Flame Angel. Pics Soon.

• 2 months later...

Its been a few months since Ive been on here so I thought Id post a couple updates.

Everything has been running fantastic. Ive did have a 6 line Wrasse die in a hole in the rock. The result was a cyano outbreak. I went lights out for 3-4 days and hit the tank with Chemi-Clean and it was gone within a week. Afterwards I realized that Phosguard wasnt working long term and picked up a GFO reactor to run off my filter cylinder manifold and a Avast marine Kalk Stirrer, I decided to wait on the CaRX for a bit. Its been running great for the past couple weeks.

So far in the tank I have

Flame Angel

Hippo Tank

Powder Blue tang

Blonde Taso Tang

Cleaner Wrasse

Midas Blenny

Oscillaris Clown Pair

Cleaner Shrimp

A handful of crabs and snails (Need more)

I have a few LPS and softies

Green Hammers

Ricordea Florida

Purple/Green Favia

Red Acro (cheap beginner SPS) first one

Very small acan - had some die off during the cyano - coming back slowly

Green Zoanthids

Everything seems to be going well, but Im taking it slow.

gallery_3906_673_471267.jpg

gallery_3906_673_1710553.jpg

Archived