FrankenTort

FarmerTy

I thought it would be a good idea to cut the base plug off one of my mariculture colonies last night as the cycle that occurred after the fish were removed from the system caused some algae growth... probably from the removal of 5 large tangs as well.

Naturally, one would cut with bone cutters at a unnaturally high height without holding on to the colony itself. This is probably what gig' em felt like when he slammed his colonies down on the ground like a football player who just scored a TD. [emoji87]

I did my best to revive it from the dead. All the blue growth tips got knocked off of the colony with the impact but I did my best Frankenstein on it to put it back together.

49b62ab3bb5b31cf4324afb7eb79c1de.jpg

Ha ha ha Ty. Very funny. And yes, I was pretending to be a very frustrated football player making his first touchdown at the end of the 3rd quarter down by 35 points. Sorry to hear about that man, at least you still have some decently sized colonies left, right? I ended up just gluing all the branches from my end-zone-dance stag into one area in the hope that a few years down the road it will be a nice thick colony!

stag%20frags.jpg

I thought it would be a good idea to cut the base plug off one of my mariculture colonies last night as the cycle that occurred after the fish were removed from the system caused some algae growth... probably from the removal of 5 large tangs as well.

Naturally, one would cut with bone cutters at a unnaturally high height without holding on to the colony itself. This is probably what gig' em felt like when he slammed his colonies down on the ground like a football player who just scored a TD. [emoji87]

I did my best to revive it from the dead. All the blue growth tips got knocked off of the colony with the impact but I did my best Frankenstein on it to put it back together.

Oh yeah, there's still plenty of good sized colonies. This one is still considered "big", he just needs to grow back together again. Haha.

I've done the "gluing little pieces all over a plug" trick many times and it always comes out as a nice colony. I'm sure you'll get the same results!

Archived