Sam's SPS 150gallon

SAM

All good. Lots of Hyacinthus pics online. But all the "superman" variety with red in the middle and blue on the outer new growth.

That's the exact green blue hyacinthus mother colony before I chopped it up. Your frags came from this colony.

post-2792-142095245287_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Sam,

Looks great bud.

I do see at least 2 spots that are open for new SPS. I expect that to be fixed before I see your tank again. :)

I'm sure JimH and I can make some suggestions if you don't know what to put there.

As you can see, Nick 's Purple Passion from R2R (lineage directly from him) is really picking up pace and growing right into the blues lagoon next to it.....might need to frag soon lol.

post-2792-142249120717_thumb.jpg

I need to get me one of those fancy lookdown boxes so I can take awesome shots of the tank as well! Looks great Sam!

I really wanna get me one of those Nikon D530 with the macro lens to actually capture the real color etc instead with my phone lol.

Yeah, you buy it Sam and I'll be happy to test it on my system too! I would like an awesome camera with a macro lens too but that's money I can buy more fish and corals with!

True dat. Lol. That has always being my struggle. I even tried to reason that I could use the camera to take family photos, kids sports or performance arts photos, special occasion etc......but always end up using the money on more coral lol.

Yeah, you buy it Sam and I'll be happy to test it on my system too! I would like an awesome camera with a macro lens too but that's money I can buy more fish and corals with!

True dat. Lol. That has always being my struggle. I even tried to reason that I could use the camera to take family photos, kids sports or performance arts photos, special occasion etc......but always end up using the money on more coral lol.

I'll buy one someday when I find an excuse to purchase it as a business expense. I have no kids to take photos of yet and the dog is only photogenic enough for a camera phone so...

Thanks again Sam. Pics of all the frags up in my build thread now. They're doing just fine. I even have the names all straight

Nice!! It's always a pleasure to talk reef. I'm heading to your build now. [emoji2]

• 3 weeks later...

post-2792-14245329614_thumb.jpgbeing working on this yellow stylo for awhile now....it's amazing that it has kept it's yellow.

And yes I accidentally glue the coral upside down on the Frag plug right of the yellow stylo lol

Archived