Favorite Coral - Post a pic!

FarmerTy

Hi all,

I'm always curious as to what people's favorite pieces are in their tank. It can be what's currently in your tank or what you used to have. Maybe the newest thing you just got or an old favorite. Let's see those pics!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a really, really tough question! I have several favorites but I think I'm going to have to pick this

vavusyge.jpg

lithophyllon undulatum

It's super bright under even just a little bit of actinics. Bright green with light blue eyes. Very forgiving. It's been with me through several tanks and just grows happily under lots of conditions. I don't see it around much, not ever actually except when I got this piece, which makes me care about it more because I think it'd be very hard to replace. It supposedly grows like a monti plate, but I've kept it in the sand so far.

Fun thread!

I'd have to say my favorite is my Bubble Gum Monster Chalice - awesome and colorful!

attachicon.gifDSC_0869.JPG

Thanks for starting this post Ty!! What's your favorite -an acro perhaps? wink.png

I love all my children the same! grin.png But I'll get one up maybe later today when I get a chance! Great specimens so far!

I am pretty partial to my Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemone. It was beautiful when I got it and seems to get more colors every day.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That is awesome

Thanks!! It already split two times since I got it so now I have 3!!

Probably this cantaloupe sized duncan I picked up from Richard L about 2 years ago.

Wow! Looking good!

Thanks. Still really glad I was able to get it. Was an instant favorite. Have had multiple requests for a frag but just can't bring myself to split it up at all.

Probably my smallest frag in the tank, but it's coloring up so well and always has really good polyp extension. A classic. Good ole' Oregon Tort.

imagejpg1_zps4988b733.jpg

**I'd also like to add, i'm proud of myself, as this frag was actually grown from literally two polyps. A super tiny cut of the two axial coralites and carefully glued down. I did not think it would survive, but it has. It was olive brown for about a year until I changed lighting and all of the sudden the blue started developing. Excuse the grainy pic, it's an iphone camera. I haven't figured out how to use my wife's DSLR. One day I will.

Ditto. Bigsby. That rainbow bta is probably top 5 in wow factor saltwater life I've seen. I'd love one too. If you can guarantee me it'll stay about 4-6" wide or so, NEVER ROAM, stay right where I place it, and NEVER SPLIT...you'll have yourself a deal lol

Haha. Yeah, we all know how that goes. I have been pretty lucky in knowing what they like and where they like to be and this one hasn't ever moved from the original place I put it. But it has dropped two clones. Thankfully they have stayed on the same rock as well. They do walk around it a bit from time to time but only a few inches. It does still keep getting bigger but I have been considering doing an anemone/clown only tank and just put my Sherman and some green bta's and a couple of Rainbows in and just let them multiply. It helps to fund my coral collecting addiction. :)

Archived