Looking for housing

I'm going to another interview tomorrow for a store in the airport blvd. area and am having a hard time finding rent houses within 30 of the store. I have a family of 4 young girlsand my wife and would like to be in a decent, safe neighborhood that's not crazy expensive but don't know the area well enough to search for much...craigslist (as much as I love it) is pretty much a bust. Anyone know of anything that could help me out? Thinking I might hit Ty up tomorrow while I'm in town but not sure if he covers rent property.

Dustin, I don't do leasing but can get you in touch with someone that does. Let me know your timeframe for looking and hopefully I can set you up after my closing this morning. Pretty cool that you might be moving to Austin! I am not envious of you having to move that giant new tank of yours!

PM'ed.

okay. I am familiar with that area. Though I live in Round Rock. I work in Austin and for my job I am pretty much driving all over austin daily.........plus I am born and raised Austinite!!!!

While I'll leave the renting/leasing part up to the pros. I can give you my two cents, if you like......... As I am sure many can!

Just let me know!!

To digress. There is nothing wrong with clay soils. Foundations are designed based on soils and PI (plasticity Index). Yes the probability of you slab failing on clay soil is much higher then building on a slab of rock but that's not something I would worry about. If the house is newer then 10 years it's like being struck by lighting. Everyone has heard the stories I'm sure, but most of the stories is "I have a friend who has a friend"

The companies who built the homes in HB (at least in the first few sections) did a horrible job with the foundations. A large number of homes in our section have had foundation work done. Our slab was 3" out of whack and has a crack running front to back where it broke.

Archived