Tank at 82.0 Degrees

bigmike015

ok, thanks, will stop and pick one up tomorrow

make sure to monitor your topoff, the fan will definitely cool the tank through evaporation but doing so increases the rate that your topoff container will be depleted.

• Like 1

I don't mess with the tank unless it gets to 85. Last summer mine got to 88 and nothing happened. If it gets higher than you would like, then you can fill a ziploc with ice and put that in the sump.

IMO your topoff rate is super high. It takes me 7 days to go through 5 gallons of water. I would install fans just so I didn't have to topoff so much.

Yeah, I have 2 small fans in the good blowing on the water, should I move those to the sump or add another to the sump? Right now I go through 5 gallons in about 1.5-2 days.

You could do one on the tank and one on the sump. If you have a controller use that to control the fans. It may take a little time to get right but then the fans won't have to be on all time, only when the temps rise and it calls for them

I don't mess with the tank unless it gets to 85. Last summer mine got to 88 and nothing happened. If it gets higher than you would like, then you can fill a ziploc with ice and put that in the sump.

IMO your topoff rate is super high. It takes me 7 days to go through 5 gallons of water. I would install fans just so I didn't have to topoff so much.

The fans are going to increase the topoff rate. More evaporative cooling means more evaporation which means more topoff.

i'm not sure what lights you are using, but perhaps a fan cooling them may help? more of a question than a declarative, but if your lights are in an enclosed hood it would make sense to me. maybe even if not.

Try keeping the house cooler, my tank is my excuse to keep the ac at 72 :) if that don't work try running less pumps. If you can move all reactors to the same pump as return it helps. check heater, prob not the case since you have controller but it might not be turning off. Also Ty has been running an amazing sps tank at that temp for years so i any imagine its a huge issue

• Like 1