110 gal money pit.....

Veni Vidi Vici

can you shave a 1/8" off each side to get you 75 gal to fit? what are the size of the posts?

you building a house in san saba?

I could do that Planeden but ive just decided to save some space down under and go with something slightly smaller.

Im not building the whole house,im just doing the timberframe half. Someone else is doing the conventional framing.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to start filling the pit with stuff....

I ordered 3- 1" bulkheads,

3-1.25"x1" street 90's,

1- 1.5" gate valve and

1- 1.75" glass hole saw

I already have my 1.5" bulkheads and 2- 3/8" hole saw for my closed loop so it looks like i may get to drill next weekend if I finish building stand and hood..

From the looks of that plumbing, you look like you got it covered and should be giving advice, not asking for it. Haha.

I got a touch jealous when you built a stand in like 4 hrs and I've been staring at my lights on bamboo sticks wondering what I am going to do for a canopy for like 2 months now.

From the looks of that plumbing, you look like you got it covered and should be giving advice, not asking for it. Haha.

I got a touch jealous when you built a stand in like 4 hrs and I've been staring at my lights on bamboo sticks wondering what I am going to do for a canopy for like 2 months now.

lol!..... I need to move the holes around so i dont have to stack the plumbing. I need to get the tank closer to the wall.

Update... I received some of my goodies this week ,I got my 1-1/2" gate valve, 3~ 1" bulkheads, Hole saw, but not my 1" x 1-1/4 street 90's. They should be here on Monday. I also found someone to trade me my 75 gal for a 55 gal for my sump/refugium ,ill be picking that up tomorrow. And i think ill get my stand finished and my canopy built tomorrow as well.... I left mysel a 2 hr window to build my canopy TY lol.

20140328_231103.jpg

Allllllllllmost............. I keep adding little details ....I cant help myself!

Wow, very nice.

For sure looking good!!! Can't beleive that you built that so fast!!!

Thanks for the kind words. I hope I can finish the thing some time soon!

I dont think so Planeden. My plan was to build 2 racks out of aluminum angle on drawer slides for light maintenance . Other than that I would just remove canopy for any aquascaping or tank maintenance. Any height adjustments will have to be made manually.

you must either be a lot stronger than i am or like exertion a lot more. perhaps both. :). anyway, it was kind of a joke about one of the other members who was recently selling a tank with a power lift on the canopy. not that it's a bad idea.

Hehehe... I try to work smarter not harder. The canopy is actually pretty light, under 20lbs. The hinged doors should provide enough access to do most things I would need to do.

However if I could afford a power lift, you could bet I would put one on it . :)

Archived