110 gal money pit.....

Veni Vidi Vici

oh! your canopy hides the pvc on top of the tank? i thought you just had it there for show and would put it somewhere else later. i mean, i'm not one that thinks that a heater ruins the appeal of the tank or anything, but that was a bit much even for my "pretty things distract from equipment" views.

and happy birth...i mean, sorry you're getting older today. maybe someone will give you new tennis balls for your walker to make you feel better.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh! your canopy hides the pvc on top of the tank? i thought you just had it there for show and would put it somewhere else later. i mean, i'm not one that thinks that a heater ruins the appeal of the tank or anything, but that was a bit much even for my "pretty things distract from equipment" views.

and happy birth...i mean, sorry you're getting older today. maybe someone will give you new tennis balls for your walker to make you feel better.

haha! thanks for the B-wishes.

Im going to bring in the 55 gal sump tomorrow... well I guess its today now..... fill her up with water and leak test her.

My next task providing I have no plumbing leaks is to hang the Lumenbrite reflectors I got from Leakytree and install my DJ Power strips.

I also need to transform the 55 gal into a refugium.

So far so good...NO LEAKS!

I got reflectors installed but im gonna have to mess with them a bit yet to get them to hang level.

Got an old Radium on a electronic ballast on one side and a Hamilton on a M58 on the other..... gonna have to switch over to another electronic ballast.20140503_205330.jpg

What a brilliant idea with your water coming in! I'm going to re-do my plumbing and think I may steal your plans on this! What gph is your pump?

Thanks ...Its a ReeFlo Dart..... 3450 gph with 24" of head pressure. I may add some flow accelerators.I have 2~1-1/2" suction inlets converging into 2" pipe for the inlet and the discharge is 1-1/2" all the way with 8- 3/4" outlets.

I got a few more things off the list yesterday and today. First off I wasnt happy with the way my reflectors where hanging ,so I built rack out of aluminum angle...it turned out pretty good and i was also able to attach 10 blue LEDs for simulated moon light.

20140508_173142.jpg

Then I built the rufugium / sump. First cell is 16" and it will hold my skimmer and 3 inlets, second cell after the bubble trap is the refugium,it is 24" long ,and the final cell holds the return pump. Im pretty happy with the way it turned out.....

20140508_173110.jpg

20140508_173114.jpg

I ordered all new filters /membrane and DI cartridges. They should be here Tuesday. I have a few more minor things to do like hang DJ powerstrips and mount MH ballist .... but all the basic stuff is just about done.

Time to start rinsing off rock and sand!

I got all my RO/DI filters,membrane and cartilages installed and rinsed.... water is being madegrin.png

I also made up a small batch of SW so I could run my skimmer for a bit and see if shes functioning properly...so far so good.

Hooked up DJ Strips...Phosban Reactor and my trusty timed solenoid ATO . Its starting to get messy.

20140514_214315.jpg

20140514_214407.jpg

I also dug out my Refractometer and tested it against my Hydrometer(glass type) and they where light years apart so I ordered Refractometer calibration fluid along with some new test kits.... Salifert ammonia,nitrate,and nitrite kits..... im quite sure all my kits are toast after sitting in storage for so long but im in no hurry to get the rest until cycle is done.

AQUASCAPE this week end!

I started picking through the multiple 35 gallon cans of dead rock today to get an idea of what im gonna do with it all....bye.gif

looking amazing. really digging the scape. I can't quite expalin why, but it really appeals to me.

i might be starting to think like a fish on house hunters international...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol!

Archived