Neptune "Apex Pump" in the works

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/01/08/signs-point-neptune-systems-working-apex-pump/

Makes perfect sense as to why there has been no out of the box attempts at integrating the jebao. Now neptune will make the same pump (potentially literally the same pump), and you can bet that the price will reflect the neptune sticker! I wonder how ecotech feels about this...

I was going to say the same thing, watch them slap a big Neptune sticker on the Jaebo pumps and charge $150 for them like they did with the auto feeder.

Don't get me wrong, I love their products but just wished they were more innovative with their "new" hardware instead of just rebranding and charging more.

Problem might also be that Jebao no longer ships to the US, when these negotiations between companies are created there is always a "no compete" clause in their contracts, and might be what they will be trying to push Jebao to do, they will sell the pump at a lower price than their competitors and make a big margin by only changing the branding, I will also assume that they would have to take over the warranties but again, they can just cross-charge that cost between companies.

Actually is a great plan if you're one of these companies, for us it would be the warranty that you could get from a US distributor, but it will depend on the margin that neptune will want.

Lenver, you can control the Jebao WP40 now with an Apex, you just have to make a DIY conversion cable for it. Once Neptune rebrands theirs, I am sure they will sell the conversion cable themselves for $30 each...

they spent quite a bit of money on their new presence campaign. So I wouldn't put it past them to throw an additional 20% to the price.. I think they'll probably charge about 100 dollars..

ignoramous question: if they slap an apex sticker on the jeabo then any integration they do between their controler and the apex pump will cross over to the jaebo pumps unless they reprogram the pump, right?

Archived