BIG NEWS! Capital City Coral Corral 2014 is a GO!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking for a chance to win some extra prize tickets? I am sure the answer is "heck yes!".

Then mosey on over to the C4 and ARC Facebook pages for your chance:

https://www.facebook.com/CapitalCityCoralCorral

https://www.facebook.com/AustinReefClub

Like both pages, and then leave a comment in the contest post on each letting us know what you are most looking forward two at C4.

4 lucky people (2 from the C4 page, and two from the ARC page) will win extra prize tickets on April 30th. 2 of those people are walking away with 10 extra prize tickets each, and another 2 are walking away with 5 extra prize tickets each!

Good luck!

Just over 3 weeks away and the loose ends are tying up nicely!

Be sure to check out the Door Pizes page (http://capitalcitycoralcorral.com/prize-drawings) to see everything that's been added (with more coming)!

For those of you with kids, we're trying to lock down the details for having a "bounce house" at the hotel. For kids 6 and over this means they will be monitored while you can browse the Exhibitor showroom and listen to the presentation. Kids under 6 are welcome but you or a family member will need to remain with them to supervise.

Additionally, I still need a few volunteers if you're interested in attending free and helping out. There are a few other perks you find out about once you've volunteered. Feel free to PM me here or through the C4 website if you're interested. (http://capitalcitycoralcorral.com/volunteers)

did you just add the links or am i going bonkers? i was going to ask for it because my google skills falling short.

Yeah, I realized I hit save without adding them so I did a quick edit. Evidently not quick enough. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, the schedule mentions frag swap. Any details about how that works?

We have several members who are bringing tanks to setup and do a frag swap/sell. No charge for Premium Members, though if you want to donate a choice frag as a door prize we'll be applying proceeds from ticket sales to the ARC scholarship fund. There will be some time to setup Friday night as well as early Saturday morning. You'll have to bring your own tank and water, etc.

If you want to bring frags but also want to watch the sessions we can have a volunteer watch your tank for you while you attend.

Make sense?

Mike, the schedule mentions frag swap. Any details about how that works?

We have several members who are bringing tanks to setup and do a frag swap/sell. No charge for Premium Members, though if you want to donate a choice frag as a door prize we'll be applying proceeds from ticket sales to the ARC scholarship fund. There will be some time to setup Friday night as well as early Saturday morning. You'll have to bring your own tank and water, etc.

If you want to bring frags but also want to watch the sessions we can have a volunteer watch your tank for you while you attend.

Make sense?

Thanks, that's tons better than what Victoly described.

Yes, you bring all of your frags and and I bring you a sad pouty face as you give them to me.

Hmmm, not as cool as I thought it would be.

victoly's sad pouty face is pretty funny. may be worth a frag or two.

You can check out the exhibitor page here: www.capitalcitycoralcorral.com/exhibitors

I'm not quite sure how many wet tanks will be there but I know Niko's, World Class, and probably River City and Aquadome from that list. We also have 3-4 other members that have contacted me about bringing tanks but you never know with them until the actually show up.

I talked to the AquaDome today and they're going to have two frag tanks as well.

RAFFLE ITEM NEWS:
I have confirmation that River City Aquatics will be donating a 14g Biocube and a 10 gallon reef system (tank, stand, canopy, and sump). The Aquadome is donating a new 65g reef-ready aquarium. These tanks will be separate from the other door prizes and will be designated "Raffle Items". You'll be able to buy as many raffle tickets as you wish in an attempt to win these items with all proceeds going to the ARC Tim Huyhn Memorial Scholarship fund. Several of Tim's family members will also be at C4 to award the scholarships to this year's recipients.

Gary (Aquadome) has also said that he will be giving away coupons (1 per person) redeemable for a Free Fluval SEA Marine Salt 50gallon bag until supplies run out, so be sure to ask him about them in the Exhibitor room.

Archived