FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Lol, I always forget about fish. It's the inverts that interest me. Good eyes though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inverts are my thing too. I have a "set up" completely dedicated to thin striped hermits

Sent from Sissy's phone

Now THAT is AWEsome.

• Like 2

Wait... Is that really an open canyon in the middle of my tank? Ignore the cable in the background, I'll hopefully get a chance to paint my background soon!

eb4e2b9f7b2595b302fc03d5f039991a.jpg

6b393b01f0ff726fdc26a55576753bc1.jpg

So I've been studying these pictures and thinking "why does it look so empty? Something looks off, other than the fact there is a cable and a huge hole on the left where some colonies used to be, and the sand looks empty. What is it??... FISH!"

*enlarge picture*

There they are! NONE of them are swimming in the open! How weird is that? Otherwise tank looks great!

Sent from Sissy's phone

I photoshopped fish in the tank so it wouldn't look so weird to you.

87caded32f4e46743b657b337ef1da76.jpg

Thanks! Now it looks great!

But wait, what do I see here? ec684fb5cd127bce71e0a3b260063d7a.jpg

Sent from Sissy's phone

That is glorious. How do you get such good colors in video? I have to artificially white balance my photos after the fact of taking them by increasing the overall warmth and adding a slight cyan filter over everything...

• Like 1

That is glorious. How do you get such good colors in video? I have to artificially white balance my photos after the fact of taking them by increasing the overall warmth and adding a slight cyan filter over everything...

34aea340d03b3d18d933bb9370d7c94d.jpg

Camera allows me to adjust the white balance on the fly. [emoji4]

• Like 1

That's a nice Gold Torch.... too bad the guy who fragged it for you killed his own... :/

Nah... I picked up a new one from AAF! Never Fragging this one!

Haha, and then you killed the frag I gave back! Maybe you should not do deals with me anymore. Haha.
  • Like 1

I like the clear background. Just hid the cable and go with it. More natural than black background.

I'm still going with a blue background when I get the chance. I wish it was just the power cable but there's a giant 1" PVC run coming from the bottom of my sterilizer that I won't be able to hide for nothing so I have to paint it regardless.
  • Like 1

In a bit of an interesting twist, I found out in the same week that my pearlberry is not really a pearlberry (this will be remedied in the upcoming cultivated reef order) and my unknown yellow acro is really a JG Yellow Acro (thanks Juiceman!).

Yay! [emoji106]

cb2ebd05cd5b1fe1aaec24e2e602aae0.jpg

Boo! [emoji107]

c30376fdf30570de5c154044621761c1.jpg

The JG Yellow was easy to figure out as I got it from someone no longer in the hobby but luckily his build thread still is and he documents well. [emoji1]

The pearlberry was discovered when I was looking closely at other pictures of pearlberry acros and realized the growth pattern was significantly different as well as the corallite shape. For those who bought a pearlberry from me (which is very few), my apologies as I only sold it as what I bought it as, a pearlberry. I'll make it right once this new confirmed ORA pearlberry comes in and gets big enough to frag.

Gotta love that JG Yellow. Anybody heard from John? That was one of my first sps. I had it the whole time my 92 corner was setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just know he got out a long time ago so its amazing to still find some of his sps alive. I think ol'aggie used to live by him, maybe he knows.