FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

I'm sold. Sign me up for an exploding phone please.

How's your wife feeling, btw?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Those pics are actually with her non-exploding new iphone7. All the pics before are with my potentially exploding Note7. [emoji4]

Wife is doing well as can be. I am the fulltime cleaner, cook, grocery shopper, altogether house manager for her so all she has to do is come home and eat, shower, and go to bed. [emoji6]

You are a good man, Ty. One of my dear friends has the same arrangement, she works and he is the house manager and watches the kids. Only she is pregnant with number SEVEN at the moment. She's due in 3 weeks. And I feel I should tell you anyone who says they love being pregnant is either lying or hasn't been pregnant very long. Tell your wife everyday she is amazing, thank her for carrying your child, and of course tell her you love her. When she gets around 6 months start apologizing. You'll see. ;)

I ment I was sold on the note because your pics with the note look better than her phone took

Sorry I didn't explain well [emoji4]

You are a good man, Ty. One of my dear friends has the same arrangement, she works and he is the house manager and watches the kids. Only she is pregnant with number SEVEN at the moment. She's due in 3 weeks. And I feel I should tell you anyone who says they love being pregnant is either lying or hasn't been pregnant very long. Tell your wife everyday she is amazing, thank her for carrying your child, and of course tell her you love her. When she gets around 6 months start apologizing. You'll see. wink.png

I ment I was sold on the note because your pics with the note look better than her phone took

Sorry I didn't explain well [emoji4]

Ahhh, I gotcha on the phone comment now.

Yeah, somehow I ended up doing everything in the house and I still make more money! doh.gif I'll take that any day to carrying a child for 9 months though! Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

Ty - you using any kind of color correction on those photos/videos? Color looks pretty good to me ...

Oh yeah, I Photoshop the heck out of them! [emoji14] Just kidding.

For the iPhone pictures and video i posted last night, no correction used at all. I feel they are a bit oversaturated but that's my opinion.

For my Samsung Note7 pictures, which were all the pictures before, I used their "pro" mode which allows you to tweak a slew of options, such ad ISO, aperture, white balance, and tone. By setting those options ahead of time, I feel no need to post process as they capture the real live look well. The only thing I still can't capture is subtle blue gradients in corals because of the blueish spectrum we run already in our tanks. The camera can't make sense of all the blue coming at it I guess.

• Like 2

A friend was nice enough to let me jump on their free shipping and 15% off at Live Aquaria so I ordered the ORA Laura's Purple polyp acro I've been coveting since they released it last year.

It didn't disappoint!

I thought you were done getting new frags? Hope you triple dipped it! grin.png

A friend was nice enough to let me jump on their free shipping and 15% off at Live Aquaria so I ordered the ORA Laura's Purple polyp acro I've been coveting since they released it last year.

It didn't disappoint!

I gave up my crazy sanitary ways. With a baby coming, that's not feasible anymore! Kidding, I did dip it like there's no tomorrow.

I am however highly contemplating ditching the ich free business. I know I can make it happen now but with the big life change coming up, I'm more worried about being able to maintain it. The real answer is I won't be able to maintain it ich free so my thoughts lately are to just dump in all the fish, crank up that giant UV sterilizer and if that's not enough to keep it at bay against the Achilles and powder blue tang, scrap those two out of the livestock plans and move on from that experiment.

It didn't disappoint!

I gave up my crazy sanitary ways. With a baby coming, that's not feasible anymore! Kidding, I did dip it like there's no tomorrow.

I am however highly contemplating ditching the ich free business. I know I can make it happen now but with the big life change coming up, I'm more worried about being able to maintain it. The real answer is I won't be able to maintain it ich free so my thoughts lately are to just dump in all the fish, crank up that giant UV sterilizer and if that's not enough to keep it at bay against the Achilles and powder blue tang, scrap those two out of the livestock plans and move on from that experiment.

With all the time you invested it would be nice for you to get to the "ich free" stage, however with a baby coming its probably wise to move on and enjoy all the fish in your tank.

You would have to go though another 70 something days without the regal in the display, right?

Yeah, it would be nice to attain the goal I was aiming for but with the life change, the more I think about it, maintaining that would be more work than I ever want to be involved with for the tank. Worrying about every snail, frag, or drop of water that hits the tank upon reflection sounds awful.

Considering I'll have new priorities come next March, I think I've just made the decision to put all my fish back in and go with ich-maintenance. If the powder blue and achilles flare up, I'll treat them and pass them along.

To answer your question though, 76 days after I remove the regal angel. To bolster my decision even more, that regal angel is worth 5 Achilles to me so anything to jeopardize its health like removing it and treating it is probably something I don't want to risk.

Alright, thanks for helping me think it out. Fish going back in. I just need to remedy the additional heat from the UV sterilizer first and add a fan blowing across canopy area.

• Like 1

Got some sweet "new" glass in a rectangular prism shape from one of our fellow reefers a few months back that's begging to be set up.. *wiggles eyebrows*

Now I just have to wait again for this whole "moving thing" that hopefully will not be a big fluke like last time lol

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got some sweet "new" glass in a rectangular prism shape from one of our fellow reefers a few months back that's begging to be set up.. *wiggles eyebrows*

Now I just have to wait again for this whole "moving thing" that hopefully will not be a big fluke like last time lol

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Nice!

Ty's tank is a perfect example of the color wheel philosophy. Place corals of colors on opposing ends of the color wheel next to each other. It is most pleasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ty's tank is a perfect example of the color wheel philosophy. Place corals of colors on opposing ends of the color wheel next to each other. It is most pleasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliment Bpb. My goal was the color wheel philosophy but sometimes corals don't play nice and color up the way I want them too. I did best that I could.

It was mentioned earlier how well you have placed all the coral to compliment each other. What was your method to achieve this?

Like what Bpb mentioned above. At worst, I tried not to put similar colors beside each other.
  • Like 1