FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Tank is ready for my +1 in March and the ensuing neglect that will follow. [emoji4]

I thought you said no more frag tanks! [emoji317] congrats sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you just call my wife a frag tank? [emoji47]

Oh man, wait until I tell her that one. I'll point you out at the next meeting too. [emoji6]

I'll be selling tickets at $5 a head at the door for this ufc fight. I got odds on the red head.

Funniest thing I heard all day.

• Like 1

First come loves, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage and you dont have time for your tank anymore and your tank suffers. Or your marriage suffers. Pick one.... Lucky for you I'm at a place in my life where i could babysit your tank until you're ready to take it back.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the congrats! Wife and I are beyond excited and also scared out of our minds!

I appreciate all those great reefing friends I've made over the years that are so willing to help take care of my corals for me during all of this. I'll just have an open house one day where all of my buds can "help" me out with my corals and walk off with colonies to keep in their care. You guys are the best! Always looking out for me! doh.gif

I already have a FOWLR so got that covered.

• Like 3

Congratulations! Kids are awesome. I've learned kids are like reef tanks. There's no one way to raise one and they're all different. With that being said - have fun! And never loose your sense of humor, it'll keep you sain ;)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Edited by jah4good
  • Like 1

Congratulations! Kids are awesome. I've learned kids are like reef tanks. There's no one way to raise one and they're all different. With what being said - have fun! And never loose your sense of humor, it'll keep you sain ;)

This is sissy, btw. My account is all messed up

• Like 1

Congratulations! Kids are awesome. I've learned kids are like reef tanks. There's no one way to raise one and they're all different. With that being said - have fun! And never loose your sense of humor, it'll keep you sain ;)

Excellent, now I just need to work on automating everything and running with a no diaper changes system. Let the experiments begin! [emoji4]
  • Like 1

Perhaps retrofit a wireless leak detection module in diapers/sheets?

Oh yes!

I also picked up two dosers last month. I think I'll work on autodosing babyfood. That gives me two formulations to work with for variety. Anybody have a feed schedule for a newborn baby?

Much like anthias, due to their high metabolisms, small feedings several times a day is preferred. Just ensure your diaper filtration system can handle the load of such heavy feedings. I wouldn't recommend feeding sps with this waste though

• Like 1

Much like anthias, due to their high metabolisms, small feedings several times a day is preferred. Just ensure your diaper filtration system can handle the load of such heavy feedings. I wouldn't recommend feeding sps with this waste though

I was going to go with no mechanical filtration. Planning to use either a deep carpet bed or one of those fancy new carpet turf scrubbers.