FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a record for the forum?
Huzzah! You sir are the recipient of a free frag for being the 2000th post in my build thread! You know where to find me the next time you're in town. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a record for the forum?
Huzzah! You sir are the recipient of a free frag for being the 2000th post in my build thread! You know where to find me the next time you're in town. [emoji6]
Man if I had known that I would have posted twice.
  • Like 1

When will the book be printed? Farmer Ty's Coral Reef 215 Build coming to a store near you.

If you read back a ways in the thread there is a 'Cliff's Notes' style summary of the entire thread to that point that is spot on and hilarious.

• Like 1

When will the book be printed? Farmer Ty's Coral Reef 215 Build coming to a store near you.

If you read back a ways in the thread there is a 'Cliff's Notes' style summary of the entire thread to that point that is spot on and hilarious.

Ya but if I remember right it is back almost half way.

"Hi, my name is Ty, and not only is my aquarium so much better than yours that everything is spawning all the time with great PE, but I discard random frags in my sump and they not only survive, but turn into gorgeous designer coral colonies! Weeeeheeeeheeeehehehe!" poke.gif

Not only do I preach stability I also change major parts so quick it'll make your head spin. Remove all my fish. Fire up then shut down then fire up my bio pellet reactor, add a uv sterilizer that I "borrowed" off a commercial water treatment plant, add all my fish again, remove a giant clam, mess with reactors again, hold corals up with chopsticks. It would crash any mere mortals tanks but not mine. My coral grow like weeds and have more color than roses. Can you keep up with me this week Weeeeeeeheeeeeheeeehehehe!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I forgot,
I also change return pumps from a reeflo to a sicce and cut my turnover in half, remove a 20lb turkey size mass of cheato and accidentally leave my lights on my easy bake oven on all night trying to burn my coral and the color and pe just gets better.

I believe you may be talking about the Gig'em and Reburn rant... Spring of 2015. fish.gif

• Like 2

Is it time for another condensed summary of this build thread?

Ty's magical aquarium fairies continue to sprinkle charming steroid dust on his tank every night when no one is around causing his corals to grow faster than anyone thought possible. Now he just posts pictures or videos paired to music only Ty could love and claims it's all due to his "awesomeness".

And the madness continues into the triple digits of pages that no one would ever sift through

• Like 2

Only the truly strong can handle the endless wealth of knowledge without going insane! [emoji12]

Kind of like this?

200.gif

Is it really a good idea to compare Ty's thread to the arc of the covenant? I feel like this will just inflate his ego more.

Only the truly strong can handle the endless wealth of knowledge without going insane! [emoji12]

Kind of like this?

200.gif

Is it really a good idea to compare Ty's thread to the arc of the covenant? I feel like this will just inflate his ego more.

Nitrogen Cycle!!! Redfield Ratio!!! Calcium reactors!!! APEX programming!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

It's kinda like eating snow crab. There are delicious tidbits in there but it's a ridiculous amount of work for what few morsels there is.

Sometimes it's a what not to do guide.

• Like 1

It's kinda like eating snow crab. There are delicious tidbits in there but it's a ridiculous amount of work for what few morsels there is.

I consider my tank thread more like king crab than snow crab. [emoji41]

I consider my tank thread more like king crab than snow crab. [emoji41]
All I've got to do is wait for a chiller malfunction and you tank will be able to house Alaskan king crab......

This is fun. Why did I go into hiding again. That's right. Statute of limitations :)

• Like 1

Alright, so if everybody is all read up on my build thread, then you already know that I have a weak spot for fungia plates. Unfortunately, my emperor angel has other plans and likes to pick at them so that's a no go there.

My other love was for gonioporas but I haven't tried any in this new tank. I do have an alveopora which is supposed to be a close and easier cousin of the goniopora but it was revealed a couple months ago that it's more closely related to acropora and that it was more a case of convergent evolution that they are so similar to goniopora.

Anyways, I got a nice sampler pack of gonis and will be trying them out in the new tank. Here are the beauties!

7440f3291e3529c0ae280384d1180eed.jpg

• Like 1